Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for AV

by Gheneb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 am

Bobl12 wrote:
Code: Select all
/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/run local a=GetBagName(4); if a=="Core Felcloth Bag" or a=="Felcloth Bag" or a=="Soul Pouch" or a=="Box of Souls" or a=="Small Soul Pouch" then PickupContainerItem(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4)) DeleteCursorItem() else end

i cant seem to get this macro to work with my Small Soul Pouch any ideads anyone?

The small soul pouch has less than 16 slots, so you need to tinker with it a bit so it doesn't try to delete slot 16 but deletes slot 12 instead. Try this, no idea if it works, but you get the idea.

Code: Select all
/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/run local a=GetBagName(4); if a=="Core Felcloth Bag" or a=="Felcloth Bag" or a=="Soul Pouch" or a=="Box of Souls" or a=="Small Soul Pouch" then PickupContainerItem(3,GetContainerNumSlots(4)) DeleteCursorItem() else end
Gheneb
Private
Private

by KingBoogaloo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:42 am

Great guide - makes me want to roll a Warlock asap.

In case you encounter problems with the Vanillagaming Talent Calculator, there is now one from realmplayers.com - http://realmplayers.com/Talents.aspx#I
KingBoogaloo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grinde » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

As a giant noob I have to ask a dumb question...

What abilities should I train at the trainer? Everything in demon/corruption? Or just everything?
Justyce - 7 Dwarf Palatank
Grinde
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Grinde wrote:As a giant noob I have to ask a dumb question...
What abilities should I train at the trainer? Everything in demon/corruption? Or just everything?

Botmaster5 wrote:Not all levels are created equal
Save your money!! Since we dont have to purchase a mount at lvl 40, we are in an advantageous position that we can spend that money on gear. Only spend money to level Corruption, CoA, Siphon Life, Lifetap, shadowbolt, demon armor, soul stone, health stone, and your VW books. And start saving your money for some of your pre-raid BiS gear that is BoE. IE Felcloth Gloves.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Grinde » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Read that section three times and as a giant noob I didn't piece together that those were abilities.
Justyce - 7 Dwarf Palatank
Grinde
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:10 pm

*Updated 7/30 - Corrected BiS to reflect new BiS gear, "of Shadow Wrath"
Last edited by Botmaster5 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for Dragon Finger

by Brain » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 am

You can consider Master's Hat, Mantle, Cloak, Bracers, Leggings and Boots (of Shadow Wrath) to be BiS aswell. But dont forget you'll have crippled HP and mana bars, which isnt always the best option. Also, Lunar wand (of Shadow Wrath) is better then Dragon Finger (of Shadow Wrath). And Green Lens (of Shadow Wrath) with +36 Shadow Spell Damage is better then Felcloth Hood if you are an Engineer.

Dont ever expect to find one of these tho. You'll have more chances of winning the lottery then finding a Lunar Wand with +23 Shadow Spell Damage.

Other then that, kudos to this guide.
+1 Vote for Sticky!
Brain Warlock CL of <Dreamstate>
Brainfart Braindead Brainsick Brainfreeze
http://dreamstate.shivtr.com/
Brain
Sergeant
Sergeant

by The Shortest Path » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 am

Improved Drain Soul is bugged to not work, you should change the guide to not include it.
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by silhlol » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 am

The Shortest Path wrote:Improved Drain Soul is bugged to not work, you should change the guide to not include it.

It works. You have to kill the target, not your pet or anybody else.
silhlol
Tester

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for "of Shadow Wr

by KingBoogaloo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 am

This should be stickied in the WL forum.
KingBoogaloo
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock