What spec should i role?

What spec should i role?

by Bodyhigh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:58 am

So I just got vanilla WoW and I wanted to play a new class that I knew little about. I ended up choosing lock because of their utility in raids and potential for dps in raids and pvp. I recently just hit lvl 10 and I was instantly overwhelmed by the amount of warlock builds that I could follow. I usually am just a PvP type of guy, but I want a build that can suit both PvE and PvP. I'm completely new to lock so could someone possibly explain the different choices I have in simple language that I could understand? Also examples of filled out talent calculators would be great. ~Thanks my fellow locks~ :D
Bodyhigh
Tester

Re: What spec should i role?

by koelkast » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 pm

The easiest Ive found to level is just send ur void to torment then spam ur dots ; Corruption / Curse of Agony / Drain life/ Immolate and then drain life till nearly dead and to finish use Rank 1 Drain Soul for 100% mana regen.

ull hardly ever go oom and can keep grinding, for PVP sacrificing ur void would give u plenty of defense to kill most players.

This is a good build imo ; http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/tal ... 350110501u

Go to 30 in Affliction first, ur void should be able to keep aggro till lvl 40ish, then go Improved voidwalker in the demon tree.
koelkast
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:25 pm

<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bodyhigh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks to both of you! Is that this SM/Ruin build I have been hearing about?
Bodyhigh
Tester

by Bioness » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 am

Bodyhigh wrote:Thanks to both of you! Is that this SM/Ruin build I have been hearing about?

There are a few main Warlock builds and they are based off the name of the abilities you take.

SM/Ruin or Shadow Mastery (Affliction) and Ruin (Destruction) - Most versatile build for PvE and decent at PvP. If you want to do both group and solo content, this is the build for you.
How it works: You get instant Shadowbolts from Nightfall procs from Corruption, besides Corruption you will almost always just spam Shadowbolts

DS/Ruin or Demonic Sacrifice (Demonology) and Ruin (Destruction) - The highest raiding single target DPS build, if you want to top meters this is the build for you. This build however is not good for solo or even dungeon content as you will find yourself running out of mana (and health) quickly. Not thatgood for PvP, but doable.
How it works: Sacrifice a Succubus for +15% Shadow Damage and spam Shadowbolts, DO NOT USE DOTS

SM/DS or Shadow Mastery (Affliction) and Demonic Sacrifice (Demonology) - Best solo/questing/leveling/grinding build, if you want to play by yourself and mow down dozens of mobs without having to take a mana break, this is the build for you. This is also the build you would take when leveling. If you plan on raiding or doing dungeons this build will give you one of your lowest DPS outputs (but still above a Hunter). Not recommended for PvP.
How it works: Sacrifice a Voidwalker for crazy health regeneration and spam DoTs and Drain Life on anything that looks at you funny. If done right, you'll never run out of health or mana

As of right now, the only ability at the end of the tree you should consider taking is Soul Link, and only for PvP.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by diogenes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:51 pm

koelkast wrote:
This is a good build imo ; http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/tal ... 350110501u

Yea fuck master summoner. 6 second demon summoning with 40% less mana is completely worthless...
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by koelkast » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:45 pm

diogenes wrote:
koelkast wrote:

Yea fuck master summoner. 6 second demon summoning with 40% less mana is completely worthless...

My pet never dies while lvling, so why would I need it. It's decent if you get jumped and u have to sac ur void but after death coil you should hardly ever need that if you can keep players spamfeared
koelkast
Grunt
Grunt

by Numi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:32 pm

koelkast wrote:
diogenes wrote:
koelkast wrote:

My pet never dies while lvling, so why would I need it. It's decent if you get jumped and u have to sac ur void but after death coil you should hardly ever need that if you can keep players spamfeared

If your voidwalker never runs oom while soloing you're farming poorly, it's super useful in solo play as the voidwalkers manapool will be the limit on how fast you can pull and a free full mana is worth a lot.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by diogenes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:20 pm

koelkast wrote:My pet never dies while lvling, so why would I need it. It's decent if you get jumped and u have to sac ur void but after death coil you should hardly ever need that if you can keep players spamfeared

You're completely retarded. Are you really suggesting that the times when you might want to have a choice at instantly having another pet out are rare?

And even if they are rare, the utility from master summoner and fel domination dramatically outweighs the extra 5 dps your pet is going to do by putting 3 points into fel domination.
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Baalls » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 pm

So many people debate was is most efficient in terms of mana/kill speed but on a pvp server you need to consider the PvP factor. My preference is to go 11 points into affliction first to get Amp Curse. Then 11 into Destro for Shadowburn. This gives you a fairly large advantage in PvP around the time you will see the most action which is in STV.

Here it is.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IqMb0oZZVx0z

After lvl 31 you have the option for heading towards SipLife or more demonology(my preference). I would use your 1g respec at 45 for SL/corruption or any 31+corruption talent. Conflag can be lots of fun when fighting humanoids with a succ.
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Warlock