Raising awareness: Drain Mana Rank 4

Raising awareness: Drain Mana Rank 4

by diogenes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Not sure how many of you guys know this, but there should be a rank 4 to our drain mana spell which is supposed to be available at lvl 54. However, it is not available by any of the trainers. According to thottbot on Nov 2006, it was to be taught by trainers for a price of 1 gold and 80 silver (https://web.archive.org/web/20061116073 ... /?sp=11704). And while, I cannot locate the actual page of the spell, I can see it on a table of spells available to locks from March 2005 (http://web.archive.org/web/200503050255 ... ?c=Warlock).

Now, it appears that there was a bug report made for this back about 4 months ago. However, it is still "unconfirmed." That seems strange since the evidence for this spells availability is so easy to locate, so I'm just guessing that this particular bug was over looked or forgotten. Here is a link to this issue in the bug tracker: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=399

This shouldn't be that difficult of an issue to fix, and can make a real difference in pvp. I'm not here to complain about it, I just whispered several locks who happened to be online, and they weren't even aware of the issue. Therefore, I thought I would make a simple post here to inform people to raise awareness that we should have Drain Mana rank 4 available to us locks.

Thanks for your time!
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Raising awareness: Drain Mana Rank 4

by Cwasm » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:15 pm

To be honest I never noticed, but you're totally right. Rank 4 is missing and wasn't added later in Vanilla it's just gone for some reason.
Lantern - 60 Warlock <Ritual>
Cwasm
Grunt
Grunt

by Bioness » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am

I never noticed either, but I'll be damn it isn't there.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Codeine » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 am

Wondered why drain mana seemed basically useless. You are totally right, I just checked my guide from 2004 and its listed in there. World of Warcraft Official Strategy Guide.

Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by brendanv » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:42 am

now we riot
brendanv
Grunt
Grunt

by Bioness » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:48 am

Codeine wrote:Wondered why drain mana seemed basically useless. You are totally right, I just checked my guide from 2004 and its listed in there. World of Warcraft Official Strategy Guide.

OMG I still have those guides, it was like my bible when I first started playing.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by diogenes » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:49 am

Unfortunately it is still marked as "unconfirmed" on the bug tracker.

Would you mind setting up an account and posting a link to that strategy guide image in the bug tracker.

My main goal of creating this post wasn't so we could flame nost on the forums, but instead to get many different people to post as much evidence as humanly possible on the bug tracker forum.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this is considered "unconfirmed" as it took me no more than 10 min of research on the way back machine to find this information.

Lets see how much "confirmation" we can post on the bug tracker regarding this issue!
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Codeine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:35 am

Can you link the bug tracker page for it.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by diogenes » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:34 pm

The link to the bug tracker page is in my original post, but if you can't find it for whatever reason, here it is:

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=399

EDIT: Possibly good news guys! It looks like the page has been modified from "unconfirmed" to "new"! Not sure if "new" means that they're going to fix the issue, but at least its being noticed!
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Niko » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 am

riot
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Warlock