Warlock Builds -- Share, Imput

Warlock Builds -- Share, Imput

by Haccylccion » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:02 am

Hello everyone, I have been searching the forums for guides on builds and couldn't find many. I'm going to post my build, please feel free to post yours if you want - it might be nice to have a compilation of builds.

This is my build -- http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#INziuRboVZZxxMtM0z -- 30/0/21 DM/Ruin
This is the build I found on a popular wow-one.com guide -- http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0bNRroVZZxx0tr0z (Guide link: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/1333 ... soul-link/)

I optimized it for pve only, it is not viable for pvp what so ever.

Discrepancies between my talent and the other one I found:
Affliction
-Improve Corruption is only 4/5 because that puts it at a .4 second cast (and with latency it is about a .2 second cast). GCD is .5 seconds, so only 4/5 gives you full uptime and still a bit of time to walk.
-Improve Drain Soul 1/2 because "In addition your Mana may continue to regenerate while casting at 50% of normal" does not apply to just drain soul. 2/2 is not necessary because the percent increasing does not go higher than 50%.
-1/5 Fel Concentration because I needed to put a talent in the tree, might be Improve Drain Mana. In the perfect world, you won't be getting hit or casting a channeled spell -- I'm optimistic.
-0/2 Improve Drain Mana because I would rather life tap than drain mana; additionally, not ever monster has mana rendering this talent useless. Life tap can be used 100% of the time, Drain Mana can not.
Destruction
Improve Lash of Pain 2/2 because I do not like to be the blood pact warlock and the succubus is my pet of choice for damage.
Intensity 0/2, same reason for Fel Concentration -- I'm optimistic and dream of the perfect world. Also, you're not going to be casting the aoe spells a lot, mainly Shadow Bolt from the destruction spellbook.

If you are the blood pact warlock go 2/2 in Intensity instead of Improve Lash of Pain.

I recommend building into this after you're full pre-raid BiS and you have no reason to go into dungeons, and do not intend to do much pvp.
Haccylccion
Private
Private

Re: Warlock Builds -- Share, Imput

by Cousy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:27 am

I don't understand 4/5 corruption. The whole point of the talent is so you can get an instant cast corruption. You want this so you can cast it while moving. If you don't care about being able to cast it while moving, then why point 4/5 in it? The GCD is 1.5 seconds anyway so you would just put 2 points in it to get the same effectiveness as 4.

1/5 fel concentration is basically useless, just put it in Curse of Exhaustion instead. While it may not seem useful because things are immune to slows, you can actually kite anything that can be slows with just the 1 point in curse of exhaustion. Either way it is way more useful than 1/5 fel concentration.

Also, if you're using succubus as your pet, you're probably doing it wrong. In a raiding environment, you never (shouldn't) use her. In a dungeon environment there may be potentially some CC use for her but in general an Imp with Blood Pact + fireballing is better. In PvP, the lash of pain isn't going to bare you much fruit. Just put the 2 points in Cataclysm or Intensity.

In general, your build for SM/ruin isn't really that different except you make really bad substitutions for some unknown reason. Put your 1 point in imp drain soul in imp corruption and 1 point in Curse of Exhaustion from Fel concentration and the 2 points in Destruction you have your cookie cutter!
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wosser » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Since you are talking about beeing the bloodpact warlock or not, i assume your build is for raiding. If thats the case you should put 5 points into Suppression because you will never get more than 6% hit from your gear before ZG is released. It would be pretty interesting to test where you could have your succubus deal dmg in MC without her dying. I guess she will die to most of the aoe effects so you might have to summon her over and over again or not let her attack against most encounters. Even if she doesnt get killed she might run out of mana before the fight ends, so the 2 points in lash of pain just dont seem good to me. Intensity is pretty useless aswell, so i would put 2 points in cataclysm, if you can spare 1 life tap in a boss fight its already a dps gain.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IE0whRboVZZgx0tM0z would be my build of choice.
If you dont wanna be the "bloodpact warlock" and you know that you wont be in a tank grp, i suggest you specc 7/21/23 and sacrefice your succubus.
Wosser
Grunt
Grunt

by Bioness » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Cousy wrote:I don't understand 4/5 corruption. The whole point of the talent is so you can get an instant cast corruption. You want this so you can cast it while moving. If you don't care about being able to cast it while moving, then why point 4/5 in it? The GCD is 1.5 seconds anyway so you would just put 2 points in it to get the same effectiveness as 4.

1/5 fel concentration is basically useless, just put it in Curse of Exhaustion instead. While it may not seem useful because things are immune to slows, you can actually kite anything that can be slows with just the 1 point in curse of exhaustion. Either way it is way more useful than 1/5 fel concentration.

Also, if you're using succubus as your pet, you're probably doing it wrong. In a raiding environment, you never (shouldn't) use her. In a dungeon environment there may be potentially some CC use for her but in general an Imp with Blood Pact + fireballing is better. In PvP, the lash of pain isn't going to bare you much fruit. Just put the 2 points in Cataclysm or Intensity.

In general, your build for SM/ruin isn't really that different except you make really bad substitutions for some unknown reason. Put your 1 point in imp drain soul in imp corruption and 1 point in Curse of Exhaustion from Fel concentration and the 2 points in Destruction you have your cookie cutter!

My thoughts exactly.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Codeine » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:18 pm

this is the spec i roll with http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0bVRbkAZZxx0tr0z

Im imp lock for the tank group. the fel concentration and intensity makes farming so much easier.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warlock