by kavinskyr » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:29 am

Topic says it all:)

Discuss masters of darkness
kavinskyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Orc or ud for pvp, wpvp ?

by Fenja » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Orc, you barely get feared as a Warlock, but stunned all the time.
UD looks cooler though, but Orc is full tryhard.
Fenja
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by kavinskyr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks for the feedback so far, though for min Max purpose I find warlock and rogue very different when comparing racials, That's why i pop this question for experienced warlocks too differ their opinion on the matter.

Best regards
kavinskyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Numi » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 am

kavinskyr wrote:Thanks for the feedback so far, though for min Max purpose I find warlock and rogue very different when comparing racials, That's why i pop this question for experienced warlocks too differ their opinion on the matter.

Best regards

Orc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> undead.

You always have at least one way to break fear, in felhunter. There's no reason to pick yet another one when a single dispel from a healer is enough to nullify your racial.

Orc 25% stun resistance is insanely overpowered.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Baalls » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Numi wrote:
kavinskyr wrote:Thanks for the feedback so far, though for min Max purpose I find warlock and rogue very different when comparing racials, That's why i pop this question for experienced warlocks too differ their opinion on the matter.

Best regards

You always have at least one way to break fear, in felhunter. There's no reason to pick yet another one when a single dispel from a healer is enough to nullify your racial.

Orc 25% stun resistance is insanely overpowered.

I prefer to keep the felhunter dispel for support situations on teammates. WoTF for fear. UD > orc
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 am

Undead is the hands down better choice here. Almost all of the racials are useful, technically all if you're too lazy to cast breath. Orc however has weapon skill on a spell caster... and you can't even use the weapon type. Then there's melee attack power... with a healing debuff. Is anyone stupid enough to think these are useful? The pet bonus barely does anything on Warlock in Classic either. You need a Felguard for it to mean anything. All you really get is the stun resist, which as I explained in a Rogue thread, isn't dependable and not worth taking over a guaranteed fear removal. With stun resist, 75% of the time, you still eat the stun. With Will of the Forsaken, 100% of the time, you remove the fear. Undead also has Cannibalize. Eating corpses is useful when you have Life Tap. Tap tap tap eat corpse... Shadow Resist isn't bad either. Not only can you resist fears with it, but you take less damage from all of the nastiest dots.

Taking Orc over Undead means dropping reliable racials with guaranteed effects for a single racial that does nothing the majority of the time. Don't try to tell me your +5% Imp or Succubus damage is ever going to mean anything. Warlocks don't even damage with their pets in dungeons or raids, not unless you want it to instantly die. You either just eat the pet for a buff or have the Imp sit in Phase Shift so it doesn't die. Shadow resist more useful and on boss fights that fear the raid, so is Will of the Forsaken.
Last edited by Drain on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kavinskyr » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 am

If you look at the population, and With the small amount of Warlocks(mulitple fears) compared too rogues/Warriors/Paladins. I start too see the edge of orc racial in a New light. As rogues often goes for cheap/kidney. There are good odds of one of them failing vs the orc racial, and can easily change the fight.
I think I will make and orc Lock, but thanks so far guys :)
kavinskyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:24 am

Drain wrote:Undead is the hands down better choice here. Almost all of the racials are useful, technically all if you're too lazy to cast breath. Orc however has weapon skill on a spell caster... and you can't even use the weapon type. Then there's melee attack power... with a healing debuff. Is anyone stupid enough to think these are useful? The pet bonus barely does anything on Warlock in Classic either. You need a Felguard for it to mean anything. All you really get is the stun resist, which as I explained in a Rogue thread, isn't dependable and not worth taking over a guaranteed fear removal. With stun resist, 75% of the time, you still eat the stun. With Will of the Forsaken, 100% of the time, you remove the fear. Undead also has Cannibalize. Eating corpses is useful when you have Life Tap. Tap tap tap eat corpse... Shadow Resist isn't bad either. Not only can you resist fears with it, but you take less damage from all of the nastiest dots.

Taking Orc over Undead means dropping reliable racials with guaranteed effects for a single racial that does nothing the majority of the time. Don't try to tell me your +5% Imp or Succubus damage is ever going to mean anything. Warlocks don't even damage with their pets in dungeons or raids, not unless you want it to instantly die. You either just eat the pet for a buff or have the Imp sit in Phase Shift so it doesn't die.

ur literally retarded if you think 25% stun resist isn't better than wotf on warlock.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by slverbaur » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:37 pm

orc for racial
ud if you want to be pro fucking pvp like everyone else on horde
slverbaur
Private
Private

Next