Lock in a new server - self sufficiency

Lock in a new server - self sufficiency

by Kikeron » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 am

Hello all,

This is a somewhat genearal question that I decided to post in here for reasons I will explain. I still play in live server and I am really bored of the state of the game atm. So I rolled a warlock in the PvE server (was always on PvP servers but I heard that on nostalrius-pvp, people like to attack 20-40 level below their level to feel significant) because I was always a lock from my vanilla days till now on live.

TBH I do not remember much from back then, apart from a lousy warlock class officer that insisted we are a pure support class that will offer the imp buff to the tanks, use dark pact so that we will not bother our healers with life tap (bb ruin) and be an HS vending machine since people were too lazy crafting or buying healing potions and avoiding damage. I do remember myself in heavy shadow dmg gear dotting things around with sucu with no special attacks and dark pacting the shit out of her. After reaching level 20 though in nostalrius, I suspect that this was at TBC!

Now, what I want is establish some support in the server before I play this game they way I like it 100%. That means having some extra coin to fund my main (if my farmer is not the main), get mats for professions fast etc.

My question is (After all this blah blah) whether lock in Vanilla is that self sufficient to be that class that can farm and be raid viable at the same time. Since I want to do raids on warlock, is it a better idea to level another (slave) char in parallel just for the farming and gold duties? I can guess that a DS/Ruin spec is not that great for farming things. And in vanilla you could not spec back and forth for farming and raiding sessions that easilly without being broke :P What is your experience, you high level locks? Can you balance those two, or a lesser class (like mage or hunter) might be needed for our various activities apart from raiding?

Thanks in advance for your time!
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Lock in a new server - self sufficiency

by Botmaster5 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Welcome to Warlockdom, a class that dips its toes in every aspect of the game. First, let me give you this.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14455
You were the first person to comment on it back before it was stickied, and it has grown since then.

Here are the TL:DR answers -

Kikeron wrote:lock in Vanilla is that self sufficient to be that class that can farm and be raid viable

yes. you can spec sm/ruin and be in the tank group with imp, or ds/ruin and be in a group for DPS. both specs can farm quite well

Kikeron wrote:is it a better idea to level another (slave) char in parallel just for the farming and gold

while there are other classes that can farm more easily, a warlock is fully equipped to do so as well

Kikeron wrote:could not spec back and forth for farming and raiding sessions that easilly without being broke

i am currently DS/Ruin raid spec and farm mara without any issues. no need to respec

If you have any specific questions, hit me up here or ingame (PvP server)
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warlock