Is it just me are my spells partially resisting alot more.

Is it just me are my spells partially resisting alot more.

by Codeine » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:13 am

Has something changed with shadow spells, my shadow bolts are constantly being partial resisted or fully resisited now, maybe its placebo but it feels pretty bad.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Is it just me are my spells partially resisting alot mor

by newtee2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:10 am

I've been playing pretty much everyday since I'm on the winter break and today I noticed my spells resisting much more than usual in both partial and full resists. This significantly altered my pve DPS and ability to kill people in pve (for example I shadowbolted someone who should not have had high shadow resist and 1500 of the damage was partially resisted of the full 2000 dmg).
newtee2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Codeine » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Hey I saw your thread on the bugtracker about a possible bug with mobs and shadow resist. Just bumping hoping someone with more knowledge on how hit rating should effect mobs.

Why is it that a level 8 boar can 100% resist my shadow bolt with 7% hit rating?

Why is it that in ZG full resists and partial resists feels excessively worse than any other dungeon/raid?
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 pm

You should start using glock if you want some actual evidence to go with your report.

Here is my average resist for the ZG bosses, from around 200 to 300 shadow bolts:
Thekal: 26
Jindo: 26
Arlokk: 31
Mandokir: 30
Mar'li: 29
Venoxis: 23
Jeklik: 20
Hakkar: 30

In the long run they should average 24 resist from the level difference, so the numbers are not that far off.
I've had glock running since ZG launch so I can't tell if theres been an increase recently. You should run it yourself and compare with my numbers.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Sweet i will try it.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:27 am

Hey man, i tried out glock today, its pretty good but its definitely lacking in options. Do you know of an addon I can see the hits/resists after a raid, having to have the mobs selected to bring up the window isnt exactly user friendly.

or how to bring up the glock interface to read the db.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Codeine wrote:Hey man, i tried out glock today, its pretty good but its definitely lacking in options. Do you know of an addon I can see the hits/resists after a raid, having to have the mobs selected to bring up the window isnt exactly user friendly.

or how to bring up the glock interface to read the db.

/glock options
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:23 am

This is functioning correctly yea?

What is the field on the right and left, Vuln and Resist. Is that the estimate on the mobs shadow resist and how much is being removed from CoS?

There was no documentation with the download link i found.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:25 am

On the left is the average spell penetration, usually 75 from the curse. On the right is the estimated resistance plus your spell penetration. So for Unforgiven you have an estimated 127 resistance and for Rag you have 1.
30 is a tiny sample size though so this doesn't mean much.

Another way to go about it is looking at your partial and total damage in SWStats.
For last nights raid, BWL + MC + Ony, I did 2500k damage and 161k got resisted, so about 6% was lost.
This is higher than it should be considering that most of the damage was done on trash, but I might have just been unlucky you never know.
Last edited by Guybrush on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:35 am

Yea, i need to run ALOT more tests, will take months. Cheers for the addon, will prove helpful.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warlock