Is it just me are my spells partially resisting alot more.

Re: Is it just me are my spells partially resisting alot mor

by Rolld » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 am

Priest here. I often get partial resists, on everything from raid bosses to low level mobs that shouldn't have inherent resists.
Rolld
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Rolld wrote:Priest here. I often get partial resists, on everything from raid bosses to low level mobs that shouldn't have inherent resists.

Did you ever have a partial resist as a level 60 Priest versus a low level that didn't have any Shadow Resistance (you can check the exact value with some macro, that shouldn't work but it's convenient)? Or dis you have partial resists on low level mobs while being yourself lower than them?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Codeine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:06 pm

A level 8 boar fully resisted my shadow bolt with 7% hit and being level 60. Tell me, is that supposed to happen?
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Codeine wrote:A level 8 boar fully resisted my shadow bolt with 7% hit and being level 60. Tell me, is that supposed to happen?

Unless the Boar had Shadow Resistance, it would have been impossible for him to partially resist your Shadow Bolt. Partial resists may only be caused by resistances (wether they're actual, i.e. removable, or "innate").

However, 100% resist may also be Misses, they're shown in the exact same way. And regardless of how much +Hit you have, there is always a 1% chance to see your spell Miss. So it might have been that, unless low level mobs without Shadow Resistance resist your Shadow spells a lot.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lifealert » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 am

I killed a level 15 murloc in westfall that should have no shadow resist and it fully resisted a shadowbolt. I have 6% hit.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guybrush » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 am

Lifealert wrote:I killed a level 15 murloc in westfall that should have no shadow resist and it fully resisted a shadowbolt. I have 6% hit.

That's normal. Low levels have 1% chance to fully resist.
What you should not be seeing is a partial resist. I've farmed Mara for 2+ hours today and had 0 damage partially resisted. No issues there.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:21 am

This is what i got so far from hakker, still a small sample size though. Will keep it going.

Also, shouldn't the vuln tab show (75) from warlock curse? why is it showing 61?
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Darkwinjax » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Codeine wrote:This is what i got so far from hakker, still a small sample size though. Will keep it going.

Also, shouldn't the vuln tab show (75) from warlock curse? why is it showing 61?

cause shadow resistance is bugged and they problably have 0 idea why or how to fix it, when i get enough free time i'll explore this and record this is indepth, atm I don't know much myself, but I believe every warlock player can agree that atm it's NOT working as intended.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guybrush » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Codeine wrote:Also, shouldn't the vuln tab show (75) from warlock curse? why is it showing 61?

That's the average spell penetration, 61 means you had some bolts land when curse of shadows was off, lowering the average.

Darkwinjax wrote:cause shadow resistance is bugged and they problably have 0 idea why or how to fix it, when i get enough free time i'll explore this and record this is indepth, atm I don't know much myself, but I believe every warlock player can agree that atm it's NOT working as intended.

Nonsense. All the data I gathered so far shows nothing out of the ordinary.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Another raid night, 6% partially resisted out of 1k+ shadow bolts:

Slightly higher than last raid but still nothing unusual.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warlock