Are improved drain life and improved drain soul still bugged

Are improved drain life and improved drain soul still bugged

by enyad » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Are improved drain life and improved drain soul still bugged?

I ask because I keep hearing conflicting reports on both. From what I understand, improved drain soul will give you the mana regen buff. However, has it been confirmed to actually work?

Second, with both improved drain life talents and shadow mastery, I have noticed that my drain life ticks for about 113 shadow damage. Excluding the bonus from shadow and spell damage from gear, do both talents factor into its damage? I feel like with both it should be higher, but thats just an estimate.

Also, I'm running a SM/Ruin build. Here is my current talent setup: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Ii0iVRboVZZgx0tM0z

Should I change this to have better damage output for bis dungeons, ZG, and pvp?

Thanks in advance.
enyad
Private
Private

Re: Are improved drain life and improved drain soul still bu

by sownu » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Why do you spread misinformation?

You read some old thread from similar dude, make another, then some other idiot reads it and everyone parrots "bugged"

If you cant do research than go and test it, should take you 1 respec to completely test all talents.

* i have not tested imp drain life though, because points are better spent elsewhere imo
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by enyad » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:46 am

sownu wrote:Why do you spread misinformation?

You read some old thread from similar dude, make another, then some other idiot reads it and everyone parrots "bugged"

If you cant do research than go and test it, should take you 1 respec to completely test all talents.

* i have not tested imp drain life though, because points are better spent elsewhere imo

Ok. What spec would you recommend then? I'm not trying to spread misinformation man, I'm trying to figure out the truth. I'd rather not drop the gold on respecs for testing talents if someone else has already crunched the numbers.
enyad
Private
Private

by sownu » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:34 am

I assume you are SM/ruin because you want to PvP and PvE with same spec.

I go with this:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IqMbVRbkAZZgx0tM0z

You have 4 points in aff to swap around for CoEx (best choice) or CoA+Suppression and 2 points to swap around in destruction for either cataclysm or succy or imp or intensity

Improved drain soul works correctly and is useful in either shard farming, bg's, or fights with adds (use drain soul when shadowbolt that will get last hit is in the air)
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Codeine » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:35 am

pretty sure imp drain life works. I use it.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warlock