Enchanting or Herbalism

Enchanting or Herbalism

by Rumdoodle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 am

Hey guys,
I just made a Warlock and for my first profession i picked tailoring, but now I'm wondering what to grab for my second profession. I'm trying to choose between Enchanting and Herbalism.

Enchants would be helpful with getting intellect and spell power on my gear and Herbalism would help with making gold.

Would anyone be able to tell me which is more useful?
Thanks.

(Also P.S. if I had Enchanting I would be trying to get rare recipes at 60).
Rumdoodle
Private
Private

Re: Enchanting or Herbalism

by sownu » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Its personal preference really.

As a leveling warlock you will have enough gold from questing/grinding alone so herbalism is kind of meh. And at 60 herbing is useless as well since you can earn way more gold in other ways.

And all enchanting will do is save you little time or gold from tipping people. Since there is an enchanter on every corner and you can buy mats cheaply. Only people with extremely rare recipes earn gold form enchanting and you will not be one most likely.

I suggest not to worry about second profession (first profession is Tailoring for PvE and Engineering for PvP - mandatory), and choose whatever you prefer while keeping in mind its a really minor boost in gold at best and gold black hole at worst in case of enchanting.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guybrush » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Herbalism.

Enchanting is a pointless gold drain and a huge grind. You're using up a profession when you could just spend a couple of gold to get your gear enchanted and use herbalism to have consumables on every raid.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rumdoodle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:24 am

I decided to go Enchanting because I might as well strive towards something and it seems like fun.

Thanks for the replies btw, they were helpful for making my decision.
Rumdoodle
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Rumdoodle wrote:I decided to go Enchanting because I might as well strive towards something and it seems like fun.

Thanks for the replies btw, they were helpful for making my decision.

while leveling, i would go with an uninterrupting gathering profession, skinning.
what i mean by uninterrupting is that you wont have to go out of your way to skin things, the mobs are usually dropping dead right around you.

when you hit lvl cap, then you could drop skinning for something else. fyi, you only need to be a lvl 1 enchanter to DE anything.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Onírica » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Herbalism not bad.
Onírica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by dngrs » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:
Rumdoodle wrote: fyi, you only need to be a lvl 1 enchanter to DE anything.

really you can d/e say a lv60 item even with 1 enchanting?
Shtefan - undead warlock - 60
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Numi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 am

dngrs wrote:really you can d/e say a lv60 item even with 1 enchanting?

Yes, my level 5 bankalt is my DE bot.
I recommend engineering if you ever plan to PvP, it's pretty OP and you'll be slightly disadvantaged if you don't have it.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock