Warlock Twink advice: shadow dmg vs spell/heal

Warlock Twink advice: shadow dmg vs spell/heal

by Lootq » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some advice on my lvl 39 twink Warlock. I'm trying to decide between using Staff of Jordan (26spell/heal and 11 int.) vs hypnotic blade (9 spell/heal and 8 int + umbral offhand (5 stam + 16 shadow dmg).

So my dilemma for me is essentially: how much would the heal from Staff of Jordan increase my life drain/siphon life? Would the increased heal negate the loss of 5 stam?

From the information I found shadow dmg wont increase the amount of life drained to me, only the dmg to the other player. Is that correct or have I misunderstood?

Thanks for your help!
Lootq
Tester

Re: Warlock Twink advice: shadow dmg vs spell/heal

by sownu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Hypnotic blade doesnt give any SP currently so that answers your first question.

Siphon life scales likes shit and drain life scales bad, 1 sp will make no difference whatsoever. (download theorycraft addon if you havnt)

You get healed for same amount what drain life damages..

Generally i would go stamina>spellpower>intellect for lock twink or you get 1 shotted by everyone. (or go 49 twink with SL)
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lootq » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:55 pm

Ah thanks, I forgot hypnotic doesnt give any spell atm. That makes it an easy decision.

Yeah I'm stacking stamina pretty hard but I was concerned i wouldent be buffing drain/siphon enough as I'd be using underworld bands, but that works out well.

edit: What do you think of using broken sword of hero's (for the stam, is there a higher stam 1 hander?) and enchanting 30 sp on it? Instead of using a staff of jordan with spell power?
Lootq
Tester

by sownu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Lootq wrote:Ah thanks, I forgot hypnotic doesnt give any spell atm. That makes it an easy decision.

Yeah I'm stacking stamina pretty hard but I was concerned i wouldent be buffing drain/siphon enough as I'd be using underworld bands, but that works out well.

edit: What do you think of using broken sword of hero's (for the stam, is there a higher stam 1 hander?) and enchanting 30 sp on it? Instead of using a staff of jordan with spell power?

Yeah theres sm quest 1h sword, 9sta4spi, but I dont know really. Its 11 int 10sp vs 14 stamina. Id get both and alternate depending on what i go up against (some rogue always jumps you use sword / able to freecast use staff etc)
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock