To all fellow alliance warlocks out there

Re: To all fellow alliance warlocks out there

by Aethelwulf » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Drain wrote:Priests are easier to deal with than Paladins. No plate. No shield.

I wasn't aware you were in the habit of meleeing your enemies, Drain. Try doing less of that.

No "lawl you can't hurt me bubble"

Certainly, a stock Paladin nuisance.

and dispels of your own strip them down to nothing.

Warlock dispels also eradicate BoF and BoP in addition to removing Paladin stuns (assuming you didn't lolorc that or activate a FAP for 30 seconds of stun immunity). If anything Warlock dispels are more devastating against Paladins.

Horde Priests don't even get Desperate Prayer or Fear Ward here.

No, Undead Priests just get Touch of Weakness (which can proc a Blackout stun), Devouring Plague (which is a Siphon Life for priests, except it stacks with Vampiric Embrace for a massive heal), and Will of the Forsaken (which will break a fear and immune for 5 seconds). Not to mention, of course, the presence of Shaman Tremor Totems which remove Fear and Charm effects in regular aoe pulses.

Cleanse btw costs next to nothing to cast. Dispel Magic spamming can quickly run a Priest dry. Horde teams bring more Priests simply because they don't have Paladins...

Yes. If you want to win a battle of mana attrition with a Paladin, you just use Drain Mana to melt their mana pool.

Raiding has the same result. Horde raids depend much more upon Priests than Alliance. Shamans cannot remove magic debuffs...

Actually, depending on the raid, Horde just rotates in Felhunters for extra dispels. In a pinch, Warlocks can self-dispel with Spellstone too.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:20 pm

You don't know cancer until you've world pvpd vs a paladin.

Reckoning is a fun mechanic, I'm told.

Oh and yeah, horde premades stack priests because it's our only source of dispels. Do you have any idea how high the demand is for priests on horde?

Can't deny that tremor, grounding and windfury totem are amazing, but so are bubble and lay on hands.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Certainly Horde uses more Priests to make up the difference in defensive dispels, but it is worth noting that Warlock Felhunters are also useful as defensive dispellers. Also, at any time when alliance is lacking the priests for offensive dispels, items like Restorative Potion, Free Action Potion, Limited Invulnerability Potion, and Swiftness Potion become much more powerful.

World PvP against a Paladin is one of those moments where Drain Mana is your best friend and being an Orc comes in handy.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:05 pm

You mean that ability that drains only some 500 mana over a 5s cast?
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:00 am

Drain Mana is actually 136 mana. With Shadow Mastery it becomes 149.6 mana. With 3/3 Felheart it becomes 172.04 mana drained per second. That's 680 / 748 / 860.2 mana drained in 5 seconds. Plus Paladins tend to outlast opponents with self-heals and have smaller mana pools than normal casters (which makes Drain Mana more useful against them), but as it turns out Drains are dispellable so this only works against idiot Paladins.

I guess really the only classes that might get mana drained would be Shamans and possibly Druids.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:10 am

It would be more worrhwhile to deal large burst damage than mana drain a healer. Specifically because drain mana is a dispellable debuff with a short range that healers can run out of. Because of the range limitations you can possibly overextend yourself.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thefilth » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Lifealert wrote:It would be more worrhwhile to deal large burst damage than mana drain a healer. Specifically because drain mana is a dispellable debuff with a short range that healers can run out of. Because of the range limitations you can possibly overextend yourself.

Amen. Thanks. I was starting to question my sanity. Who the F mana drains in vanilla?!
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lifealert » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:11 am

Thefilth wrote:
Lifealert wrote:It would be more worrhwhile to deal large burst damage than mana drain a healer. Specifically because drain mana is a dispellable debuff with a short range that healers can run out of. Because of the range limitations you can possibly overextend yourself.

Amen. Thanks. I was starting to question my sanity. Who the F mana drains in vanilla?!

I won't forget the time I wanted to mess with lowbies leveling by draining their mana, only to figure out I had to cast it at least 4 times to drain their mana completely.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Warlock