Shadowbolt "interrupted" ?

Shadowbolt "interrupted" ?

by sownu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Do you get this bug ?

Every or every other boss fight atleast one or two shadowbolt casts will go off, animation will go off, but shadowbolt doesnt fly off, doesnt do any damage, and it says Interrupted error message.

No gimmicks used or anything, no /stopcasting macro shenanigans, no moving, just standing still and spamming shadowbolt button as hard as i can, few bolts once in a while wont go off. Not enough to be loss in dps or even that noticeable, but still incredibly annoying. Especially if it happens twice in a row (happened last raid)

Does that happen to anyone else ? I play with addon that casts spells on key press down not up, but not sure if its relevant.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Shadowbolt "interrupted" ?

by Brion » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Are you ever turning your character while doing this? Like right-clicking and panning your camera around a bit? If so, that is a problem for all casts, including mounts.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Yeaok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Brion wrote:Are you ever turning your character while doing this? Like right-clicking and panning your camera around a bit? If so, that is a problem for all casts, including mounts.
Yeaok
Grunt
Grunt

by Rylox » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:09 am

Brion wrote:Are you ever turning your character while doing this? Like right-clicking and panning your camera around a bit? If so, that is a problem for all casts, including mounts.

To my knowledge this only happens after entering an instance as a ghost.
(you die on the way to MC/BWL or while in a BG queue, and zone in before resurrecting)

It is fixed by a full relog *waiting the 20 second timer*
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:58 am

This problem needs to be addressed because it seriously affects caster pvp where you must constantly rotate your character.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guybrush » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 am

The "interrupt when turning" bug is annoying but theres an upside: it allows you to run on water. Its the price you have to pay for your Jesus roleplay.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brion » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Rylox wrote:

To my knowledge this only happens after entering an instance as a ghost.
(you die on the way to MC/BWL or while in a BG queue, and zone in before resurrecting)

It is fixed by a full relog *waiting the 20 second timer*

That could be why it hasn't affected me in so long. I have only been solo leveling an alt and haven't noticed it in a few weeks.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sownu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:18 pm

Nope, not due to moving. Completely random and not related to moving camera or mouse buttons.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock