Soul Harvester

Re: Soul Harvester

by Botmaster5 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:07 pm

weapon will get replaced...
robes will get replaced...
trinket will never be replaced...

the choice is yours
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 am

I'd take the trinket anyday. You guys are obviously still gearing up so the items might be useful to you for a short while, but from a raiding perspective shards can be in high demand on new content.

I'm well passed those items, so for me the trinket is a must item to get. Free shard.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wishyo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:51 am

Botmaster5 wrote:Image

weapon will get replaced...
robes will get replaced...
trinket will never be replaced...

the choice is yours

Yeah alright, why not post this way in the first place, and i would not even bother to reply, what a manchild.
Wishyo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hutzbutz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:44 am

he made a comic to prove his point, from now on all of your posts are worthless unless they have a comic in them
Hutzbutz
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Hutzbutz wrote:he made a comic to prove his point, from now on all of your posts are worthless unless they have a comic in them

+1'd
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wosser » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Can anyone explain me how this "free shard" works? You summon your void for free with the trinket and then what?
Wosser
Grunt
Grunt

by Hutzbutz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Wosser wrote:Can anyone explain me how this "free shard" works? You summon your void for free with the trinket and then what?

set pet on "stay", run out of range
Hutzbutz
Private
Private

by Elu » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Instead of having a trinket that gives you a free shard every 30 minutes, what about using the inventory space that you'd use for the trinket to instead carry an extra soul shard?

Aesthetics of Soul Harvester + the good stats until 60 > a trinket I'd most likely keep in my bank or vendor.
Elu
Grunt
Grunt

by slverbaur » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:17 pm

There is no way I would have that trinket equipped all the time which means I would have to wait 30 seconds after equipping it. That's a point down for the shard. I also think that any lock who's leveled to near 60 is supposed to have learned to always keep a fair amount of shards, so the need for a "free shard" is ridiculus. 1 shard every 30 minutes + 10 seconds summoning time + 30 seconds equip time + the time to walk away is really making the "free shard" not so really so temping and it seems easier to just cast Drain Soul on one more mob while dungeoning or grinding. Sure, it might be useful "forever" - as in you can't outgear it, but it's useful only as a vanity item IMO. That's also true for the Robe and the Staff when you outgear them, but at least the Staff and the Robe have a real use before you outgear it. The Staff looks really cool. It looks way better than the trinket is useful, but the Robe has some really sick stats at that level. Heck - some locks even wear that Gold Enchanted Blood Robe from level 30 at this level. The Robe has better stats but the Staff looks freaking cool. It means that the Staff is more easily replaced than the Robe.

So what does the choice come down to? A Shitty Trinket vs The Coolest Looking Item vs The Longest Lasting Item.

If you ask me, I'd recommend taking the Robe but I would choose the Staff because I chose the Robe last time I leveled a warlock.
slverbaur
Private
Private

by Aethelwulf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Certainly you don't "need" the Abyss Shard, but it's hands down the most useful item in the long run. There are plenty of times (like whenever you're in town, and whenever you log in) that the Abyss Shard will let you generate that extra shard no problem and while it isn't necessary per se, getting the occasional extra soul shard does a lot to ameliorate the nuisance of "fuck, I need to go farm up some soul shards" that Warlocks face every so often.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock