Class Envy...

Class Envy...

by Level1alt » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Hey, my main (if you can call it that) is a lvl 23 undead warlock.
The problem is, ive been seeing rogues gank people, kill mobs in 2 seconds flat, and they just seem fun. :?
The class envy is at an all time high and i'm debating rerolling rogue. I really enjoy the aesthetic of warlocks, but can anyone here shed some light on whether locks are fun at endgame or are at least competitive in pvp so i know whether or not to reroll?
THANKS!
Level1alt
Tester

Re: Class Envy...

by Aethelwulf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:10 pm

Your bigger problem with Rogues will be when you get ganked by them in world PvP. Orc Warlock is a bit better for that since they can't stunlock you to hell. Still, if you equip Catseye Ultra Goggles (be an Engineer) and keep a Felhunter out it's pretty damn impossible for a Rogue to sneak up on you before you know it.

Also, Warlocks kill mobs fast by juggling mobs and DoTing. You don't kill 1 mob at a time as a Warlock. You have your pet tank at least 1 mob, and rotate fears between two more mobs that you pull to yourself while you DoT everything to death. Alternatively you just run around like an idiot and aggro everything in sight while instant DoTting everything behind you. This assumes you have 21 Shadow for Siphon Life or 26 Demonology for a Demonic Sacrifice on your Voidwalker and instant Corruption.
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rondalf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Envy...as a warlock?
Maybe in current state warlock isn't that much competitive to other classes in PvE yet since hit % is a big deal for a caster class without any hit % in talents or in ZulGurub enchants, but later...dude, everyone is gonna envy you for just clicking a single spell and you'd gonna be on top of any dps meter.
This is of course possible with good gear output and correct spec, which is either DS/Ruin or SM/Ruin, depending on what your raid needs/your gear level.
Regardin' PvP
Siphon Life/Soul Link or go have fun as full destruction warlock, choice is yours and possibilities with vanilla talents are endless. You are going to have to learn to micro manage your pets, different curses on different classes to cast, managing your mana and such but if you get used to it...your are gonna enjoy it and you are gona pwn.
Rondalf
Tester

by TastyTaste » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 am

Level1alt wrote:Hey, my main (if you can call it that) is a lvl 23 undead warlock.
The problem is, ive been seeing rogues gank people, kill mobs in 2 seconds flat, and they just seem fun. :?
The class envy is at an all time high and i'm debating rerolling rogue. I really enjoy the aesthetic of warlocks, but can anyone here shed some light on whether locks are fun at endgame or are at least competitive in pvp so i know whether or not to reroll?
THANKS!

You want to be useful and practically guarantee a spot in premades, level:
holy/disc priest #1 option
resto shamman (Very few shammans go resto they like the 1 shot dream of ele, useless when they don't 1 shot)
Flag carry druid
Mage/Warrior, (Everyone who pvps is a mage or warrior though so good luck here)

Personally im a warlock and i feel like im a waste of space in most games (Honestly rogues as well).

Only way to close the distance and make up for your class is, engineering/nifty stop watch/skull of impending doom/faps(potion) (Dots get purged by everything, you basically turn into a gimped mage with fear. Not all situations but any coordinated team comp you go against you can't just dot everything. unfortunately)

When i do get into groups, curse of tongues anything that heal, mages can dispel curses so again resort to being a gimped mage. Your biggest use, use felhunter to unsheep the healer/warrior next to you.

Edit: after all that abuse i just talked about my own class, most fun i've had playing a video game in years.
TastyTaste
Grunt
Grunt

by Lifealert » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:01 am

I envy mages because they have ice barrier, ice block, and mana shield. We only have voidwalker sac and we rarely use voidwalker in pvp.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Lifealert wrote:I envy mages because they have ice barrier, ice block, and mana shield. We only have voidwalker sac and we rarely use voidwalker in pvp.

And Shadow Ward (which only works against other Warlocks really) and Spellstone (which is incredibly underrated - the thing self-dispels) and then there's Healthstone and Death Coil for instant self-heals.

I'd sooner envy mages for having blink, superior slows and immobilizes, and interrupt resistance. Warlocks have no mobility, have weak kites without Fear, and our only interrupt resistance comes on Drains (which don't do that much damage and are dispellable), AoEs (unless you have a Paladin concentration aura that's still not enough for the mob aggro), and Searing Pain PvP gloves (except you'd probably be casting Shadowbolts for the damage). There's also 4 piece Ironweave for another 10% interrupt resistance.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:14 pm

when it comes to other casters, i envy....

Mages: food/water, blink, and evocation
S.Priests: 10% spell hit from talents
Moonkin: innervate
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warlock