How to: Easily farm Dire Maul East (Level 58-60) +Video !

How to: Easily farm Dire Maul East (Level 58-60) +Video !

by chookchan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:35 am

Hey everyone, I thought I'd make a quick guide on how to solo farm the plants in Dire Maul East which can be used by any warlock from level 58+ to easily make around 30-50 gold per hour.
This guide revolves around using Rain of Fire and Voidwalker Sacrifice, with each run only taking around 5-6 minutes maximum once you get the hang of it.
Heres the video with the guide included:
https://youtu.be/HIGyflRlxN8

Talents 0/19/30
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IZcxhzgZVi0trMzx
The full talent picture is available a few seconds into the video
Although not needed, I highly recommend this talent build for warlocks who have never attempted DM:E farming or who have little to no spell damage.
It provides your Rain of fire with 10% additional damage, a chance to daze enemies, a chance to stun enemies, and a 70% reduced chance to be interrupted while channeling.
The demonology talents reduce time taken to summon a Voidwalker between pulls and also increase the effectiveness of your Voidwalkers Suffering.

Gear
Technically this is doable naked, although I wouldn't recommend it.
Otherwise, as long as you've some gear it should be easily done even without Suffering on every pull.
At the time I recorded this video, I was level 59 with around +100 fire damage.

Strategy
Pull 1
-Send your Voidwalker in, use Suffering and Rain of Fire from a distance.
-On the third Rain of Fire tick, you'll pull agro
-Sacrifice Voidwalker, let the fourth and final tick of RoF finish then re-cast RoF under your feet
-Once the second RoF ends they should all be dead.
-Drain soul any stragglers for shards

Pull 2
-Shadow ward (I usually life tap straight after because I need a full mana pool to cast 3 RoFs)
-Send your Voidwalker in
-Rain of fire, you'll pull agro on the first tick
-Sacrifice Voidwalker, let the second tick of ROF finish before you re-cast RoF under your feet
-Cast a third RoF once the second ends

Pull 3 is the same as Pull 1, and Pull 2 is the same as Pull 4.

Tips
-If your damage output is too low, you can always summon your imp before you pull and cast fire shield on yourself. This will add a huge amount of DPS (around 18 everytime you get hit). However, the buff only lasts for 3 minutes, so you will have to resummon the Imp and rebuff on 3rd pull.
-You can also buy some +fire damage gear, 10 gold can easily buy 50-100 +fire damage. Considering you can make around 30-50 gold an hour doing this its a worthwhile investment.
-Don't forget to Drain soul! You need 1 soul shard per pull. The best time to use Drain soul are the pulls when you have Suffering available. I can usually get 2-3 shards on the 1st and 3rd pull.

Good luck and Happy farming!
Beware Verycoolguy, hired by Mr Stormwind himself to slay the pitiful horde of durotar
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37506
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

Re: How to: Easily farm Dire Maul East (Level 58-60) +Video

by chookchan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Just a note for the video:
At level 60 you can rank up suffering, which can hold up to 4-5 RoF ticks.
Happy farming!
Beware Verycoolguy, hired by Mr Stormwind himself to slay the pitiful horde of durotar
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

by upandgo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:03 am

This is one of the best farming videos i have seen on this server. :)

Just a question,

Wouldn't it be more viable to use hellfire instead of ROF when you sacrifice the void, since you are immune to damage?
upandgo
Tester

by kaba » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Awesome video, thanks!
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by chookchan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:41 am

upandgo wrote:This is one of the best farming videos i have seen on this server. :)

Just a question,

Wouldn't it be more viable to use hellfire instead of ROF when you sacrifice the void, since you are immune to damage?

Hey there thanks for the feedback!
Sacrifice doesn't make you immune to damage, it's just an absorb shield.
Initially I tried using Hellfire but it causes your shield to break really fast. Unless you've got a decent chunk of HP I wouldn't recommend using Hellfire; it increases the speed you clear each pack by only a few seconds at the cost of putting yourself at risk of dying.
If you're level 58 or 59 I'd stick to just using RoF.
However, Hellfire definitely becomes an option once you're level 60 and have got a decent amount of gear.
By that point you can probably start doing some super fast clears using either RoF / Hellfire. Right now with around 200 spellpower I can just straight out use RoF and only have to use Sacrifice on the pulls without Suffering.
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

by Thefilth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:01 am

chookchan wrote:make around 30-50 gold per hour

Thanks for sharing, but that's an awful lot of work to put in a guide that gives baseline GPH :/
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by chookchan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Thefilth wrote:Thanks for sharing, but that's an awful lot of work to put in a guide that gives baseline GPH :/

Most of the value is going from level 58 > 60, where you can make some good $$ while getting to 60 at a good pace.
It's also a great place when the servers lagging, seeing as most other farming spots are camped and view distance is about 2 feet.
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Thefilth wrote:
chookchan wrote:make around 30-50 gold per hour

Thanks for sharing, but that's an awful lot of work to put in a guide that gives baseline GPH :/

this gives you 30-50g/hr, where mara gives you 40-65g/hr
the difference is farming DME gives you drops and herbs, whereas mara is straight gold from selling the blues
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Blorgishin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Has anyone tried this with decent gear as SM/Ruin, not wanting to respec just to farm gold but definitely need a farm.
Blorgishin
Tester

by chookchan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Blorgishin wrote:Has anyone tried this with decent gear as SM/Ruin, not wanting to respec just to farm gold but definitely need a farm.

If you're level 60 its much easier. Primarily because your Voidwalker gets it's last Suffering rank at 60.
I'm currently SM/Ruin and I can do Suffering pulls without having to Sacrifice my Voidwalker.
However if you don't have the 70% reduced chance to be interrupted while channeling Rain of Fire talent you'd probably need to use Sacrifice on every pull.
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Warlock