Koruu´s warlock school

Koruu´s warlock school

by Nikoru » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Hello warlocks, this is Koruu.

I´m getting frequently asked for advise on how to improve the gameplay in order to play on a more competitive level by other players.

While theorycraft related questions can be answered rather easy in a chat conversation, tips and tricks can not (except for ofc the stupid singletarget rotation).

I´d like to offer everyone that is intrested my help.

What´s needed:
  • Record a (for your guild) typical raid
  • Upload it (If you stream, Twitch.tv will - if you wish - save the broadcast for two weeks) to either Twitch or Youtube. (if you upload on twitch, make sure to highlight just the raid)
  • Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q5XldgQG4g, https://www.twitch.tv/schmutzberth/v/53391162
  • Whisper me ingame, give me the link.
  • Tell me where exactly you seek advise. Your guilds tactics will be different from what I do. I won´t judge the tactic nor will I give you advise on how you should change your tactics.
  • I´ll gladly give you an overview on what small changes we went through in order to maximize our (shadow-)casters performance.

Please note: This is exclusively about gameplay. Theorycraft and it´s researches are expected to be done by you. It´s an 11 year old game. Everything has been written down in the past years.

My references:
I´m playing in <Coalition>, one of the most competitive (hi @ 11 year old game) guilds on the server. Tryharding is my passion :).
I´m leading the warlocks RaidStats rankings on Realmplayers as #1 since last year octobre by a huge margin. That goes for both dungeons, Molten Core and Black Wing Lair.
I´m playing vanilla since about three years and was the classleader for one of the two casterclasses in (hi @ 11 year old game) top guilds on the projects I´ve been playing.

Black Wing Lair average DPS (warlock class)
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... ssLimit=Wl

Black Wing Lair average DPS (all classes)
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... sLimit=All

Molten Core average DPS (warlock class)
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... ssLimit=Wl

Molten Core average DPS (all classes)
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... &realm=NRB

Costs:
This is a free service and as such it might - depending on my schedule - take a while to watch and comment your replays. However, if you feel I was able to help you tips (ingame currency only) are of course apreciated.

Other ways of educating yourself:
For those not being intrested or able to stream or record their raids but still want to learn something, I´m streaming my raids on a weekly basis on my twitchstream (http://www.twitch.tv/schmutzberth). I got Teamspeak activated, you can hear what´s going on at what point of time. Also I´m helping with the raidleading, and I took over some not nessesarily typical jobs for warlocks such as pulling mobs in the supressionroom (Curse pulls instant compared to a shot from the hunter that has traveltime), pulling and kiting the lap-packs in BWL, pulling trash in MC (surgers, giants, dogs). If you got questions to things that you notice in the stream, you can of course ask me ingame about it (once again, just gameplay, no theorycraft)
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Koruu´s warlock school

by Codeine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:30 am

tip #1: have 10ms (salty Australian)
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nikoru » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:52 am

Codeine wrote:tip #1: have 10ms (salty Australian)

10ms? More like none at all :>
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nikoru » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:34 pm

A friendly bump
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 pm

bumping because if you are a warlock playing pve you will def have something to learn from this guy. +1
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sownu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:02 am

so stack buffs pi and shadowbolt spam really really hard? :D

i see value in try harding in raids for entertainment and sharing that information (encounter specific stuff to maximize damage) but i think it has nothing to do with warlock gameplay generally because generally warlock gameplay is really dumb and easy
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nikoru » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:28 am

sownu wrote:so stack buffs pi and shadowbolt spam really really hard? :D

i see value in try harding in raids for entertainment and sharing that information (encounter specific stuff to maximize damage) but i think it has nothing to do with warlock gameplay generally because generally warlock gameplay is really dumb and easy

While I totally agree here, at least in theory, there seems to be demand for it.
It is about the players personal preference: Do you want to play the game and experience vanilla content or do you want it extra spicy and play it in a more 'professional' way.

If you check the links above, especially the ones for warlock only, you will see a massive gap between #1, #2-10 and then again a massive gap between #10 and #20. The top ten locks all use the same consumable, have pretty equal circumstances when it comes to the raidatmosphere and still I'm about 50-100 DPS above. While you could argue that its because I'm critlucky or extra super over the edge geared: its not.
So in fact there seems to be something that you and even I can still learn.
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rylox » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Exactly how many PI do you get per raid :D
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nikoru » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:00 am

Rylox wrote:Exactly how many PI do you get per raid :D

One priest is assigned to PI me normally (rotates). All our priests are PI spec. All our locks get the PIs available. That should be the case in every guild: priest not being PI speced is kind of unacceptable.
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sownu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:03 am

If you check the links above, especially the ones for warlock only, you will see a massive gap between #1, #2-10 and then again a massive gap between #10 and #20. The top ten locks all use the same consumable, have pretty equal circumstances when it comes to the raidatmosphere and still I'm about 50-100 DPS above. While you could argue that its because I'm critlucky or extra super over the edge geared: its not.

wanted to say its because you are one most consistent with performance over time among locks raiding in similar environment, but after checking some raids seems you pull ~100dps more on bwl bosses as other locks in your guild. thats fucking huge difference. you never see that among similar geared same class in one raid

u sure you are not the one getting most pi or only one flasking or allowed to dps curse? because then the only other explanation is that rest of coalition locks are shit

i rly feel like you dont share something here, shame private servers doesnt have proper logs to analyse fight
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Warlock