Fire-based warlock

Re: Fire-based warlock

by Lifealert » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:13 am

I went conflag for a couple days and used it in ZG and I can tell it blows for pve. For pvp it's a different playstyle that can be fun. After trying SL and destro I can say with confidence that sm ruin reigns supreme and there's no real reason to venture outside of the spec aside from curiosity.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Denbts » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:52 pm

bleik wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:
bleik wrote:Conflag actually becomes viable for PvE in Naxxramas if your guild lets you have another dot.

I remember our top dps warlock back in vanilla used it atleast. Then again you really arnt "fire warlock" as you still spam shadowbolts outside of immolate+conflag..

when will people realize this isn't 2006 and that what your top warlock was doing back in vanilla would make me be bottom dps in 2016?

Because it is so hard to pop all pots and press 1 button to maximize DPS as ds/ruin? I think our warlocks was doing that just fine in 2006 aswell.. We cleared Naxxramas, having most serverfirst with exception of KT which a transfer guild (Curse) got before us.

So yeah, I know that its a decent DPS spec that works just fine when you get to AQ/Naxx..

Nobody is disputing that your best warlock in vanilla was using consumables and pressing the shadowbolt key. We're disputing his likely gearing choices, which in most cases, were entirely different from what we see today. If you recall, people used to actually wear tier 1 and 2, because everyone figured "why wouldn't this be the best gear for my character?" The ugly bis-set that you see casters tooling around in these days was by and large a tiny minority of top raiders back in retail vanilla.

Unconventional specs that worked well back then generally worked well because people using the cookie cutter specs weren't using the correct gear, and thus could not outshine their nonconformist ilk.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aethelwulf » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 pm

While this is certainly true, casuals generally didn't raid Naxx. They considered it an accomplishment just to farm BWL. I think the bigger question about raiding as conflag spec is what it did for raid DPS that the conflag Warlock was using up a second DoT slot for his DPS.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Warlock