Lock counter

Lock counter

by Mage21 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Wrong section.. i know, but its the only active.

Planning to roll Lock as my next main, either on kronos or on a Legacy server

What are the hard counters for Warlock? I know its one of the best classes, but if you know any "hard" counter please let me know

Im thinking about going UD over Orc as other locks most be harder then some rogue, thoughts?
Mage21
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Lock counter

by Rikkisix » Sun May 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Undead anything counters lock, mostly undead locks haha. But Shadowpriest counter all casters so keep that in mind to. A warrior can destroy you if they went into deathwish as well Hunters mages That's all i got on the top of my head man, hope this helps.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Reserverue » Sun May 08, 2016 3:46 pm

3 minute mage

UD rogue

Warrior is 50/50 with best skill

Beast mastery hunter that stays out of range using stun/vipersting combos
Reserverue
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Reserverue » Sun May 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Go orc rogues are thee hardest

Other lock is just skillvskill, unless ud
Reserverue
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Sun May 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Warriors/Rogues will stomp you the hardest, and they were the most overplayed classes on Nost, making life as a Warlock difficult. It's easier as Alliance, since they get Paladins, who strongly counter these classes. We do not get BoP, BoE, Cleanse, or bubbled healers. We don't get kings either. We get jackshit from Shamans, who basically can't do anything to help if you're being killed. The only real solution as Horde is to run BGs as Soul Link, which I did for a while, and it really helped my Warlock's BGs. But if you're already raiding, this means regular respecs, or having no damage in the raid.

If you're going Horde, Undead has the most useful racials. 3/4 of the Orc racials are totally worthless to a Classic Warlock, and the 75% of the time, the Stun Resist doesn't do anything either. You'd have passed up 10SR/Wotf, both of which are great, for axe skill(derp), and pet damage(derpderp). Cannibalize combines well with the class too, and is visually fun to do. Because of Life Tap, Cannibalize can literally be turned into a free mana potion.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nyarko » Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Drain,

Every post from you is relevant and thoughtful since the 3rd of november 2014.
You should have a medal and be rewarded.
<Phoenix>
Nyarko
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Nyarko wrote:Drain,

Every post from you is relevant and thoughtful since the 3rd of november 2014.
You should have a medal and be rewarded.

You never sais that to me, I think I'm jealous!

I'd go with UD for skin / usefulness of WotF against many classes and thus being better overall imo, although the 25% stun resist is insane against Rogues / Warriors, which are among your hardest counters as a lock.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by vido » Mon May 09, 2016 8:32 pm

An arms warrior isnt a counter if you're prepared for it, you should have the advantage here. If the warrior isn't UD and doesn't have a shadow reflector it's a braindead win with a succubus as long as you can position it. Also max range CoE and DoTs is another way to win 100% of the time. Fury warriors have a bit of an advantage but it's hardly a counter lol, you still have the upper hand.

Try playing a warrior and getting stomped by every class and you'll realize how OP warlocks are 1v1.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theoloras » Mon May 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Reck Bomb Paladin = 1shot Dead Warlock or any caster for that matter

Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 am

Theoloras wrote:Reck Bomb Paladin = 1shot Dead Warlock or any caster for that matter

theloras u are one dumb motherfucker, they say time cures everything, apparently not autism
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Warlock