Human Warlock

Re: Human Warlock

by Fatherben » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:32 pm

I am with you on this one. I am also rolling lock this time around and can't stand gnomes. I hate their voices, appearance options, and how their idle animation looks like they're using a hula hoop. People say that their size is a benefit in pvp, but all I can remember from rolling gnome is riding through wetlands and getting dismounted by every tiny stream due to my size. Really annoying.

You are going to be spending a lot of time with this char. If somehow making your char look and talk like Jar Jar Binks 24/7 gave you 2% extra dps I would not do it either. We all have our limits.

Another thing to consider: quality of life features. Gnomes get +15 engineering, and we will probably pick that up down the road, so it might save a little time/money, but not much.

A very important thing for me: human diplomacy. 10% reputation is a big deal. If I could run AV 90 times instead of 100 times to get exalted that is amazing, I can move onto something else and enjoy the game. I don't like grinding, and reputation does matter in vanilla. I can think of a few factions off the top of my head like Argent Dawn or Cenarion Circle I will need to grind. I'm sure that is consistent with one of the reasons we want to roll lock, to eliminate grinding for lvl 40 mount, and to reduce the cost/grind for lvl 60 mount.

People here say that EA is important, I guess I have to take their word for it. It does have a cast time. 5% int is not important in vanilla, I believe that you would need 1200 int to get 1% more spell crit from the gnome racial, and as far as I know that will never, ever happen. As a matter of fact I don't think we will break 300 int even in full Naxx gear, maybe someone can help me out with that. So 5% int will give no more than 0.25% spell crit, it may give 0.1% crit average.

Perception may not help tremendously with rank 14, but it will help during the leveling process. If a rogue is camping me I want to be able to see him and save a few 5-10 min GY runs. I want to see stealthed satyrs in BFD or Maraudon. It's not useless.

Here is what I want. I would rather stare at a fine human female all day than a midget. I'm sure even women and midgets would agree. I would rather start in the human zones, which are the most mystical in vanilla, than a tundra filled with hunchback monsters. I would rather prevent 10 ganks and 10 GY walks while leveling through using perception. And then at 60 save maybe 1-2 days of /played with 10% rep gain. Maybe if you are pushing r14 then EA would save more time and pain overall, but I'm not interested. We do have paladins.

I know, it is hard to kick the esport, min-maxing mentality of retail WoW, I am still experimenting with creating a decent looking gnome, but we need to chill out and have fun playing a real MMO here.
Fatherben
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Yasko » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 pm

At first, thanks for your detailed reply Fatherben :D. I think you only have a 'disadvantage' in the PvP scene as human. There is no need to roll a gnome, if you consider to just PvE for the most time.
I read a lot about this topic and in the end like 85% of the community will say the same. If you don't know how to time and use your gadgets, trinkets, potions etc, you will have a bad time as human (In my opinion).
Yasko
Grunt
Grunt

by snawfu » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:06 am

Yasko wrote:At first, thanks for your detailed reply Fatherben :D. I think you only have a 'disadvantage' in the PvP scene as human. There is no need to roll a gnome, if you consider to just PvE for the most time.
I read a lot about this topic and in the end like 85% of the community will say the same. If you don't know how to time and use your gadgets, trinkets, potions etc, you will have a bad time as human (In my opinion).

gnome is bis pvp/pve
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by christoft » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:17 pm

I'll be honest, I'm a human lock atm at 60, it blows. Really regret my choice of lock
christoft
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Warlock