Warlock Pets questions

Warlock Pets questions

by Dal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:59 am

Hi guys, I'm considering playing on this server. My problem with vanilla servers so far has always been problems with pets.

How is pet pathing in general? While I'm questing will my pet randomly path around weird ways and pull everything in sight? Do pets follow you down cliffs when you jump off? Do pets keep up with you while mounted (when not in combat).

When pets are killed do they instantly despawn? (They should create a dead body just like any other npc that you can target)

Does ritual of doom actually work?
Dal
Tester

Re: Warlock Pets questions

by Floux » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 am

Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Those videos are spot on, checked all these issues in this last test and they work properly.

Only thing that is bugged atm is pet 'defensive stance'. Not sure for hunters, I tested it on my lock. When you engage something (ie other player), if pet is set on 'defensive stance', it does nothing, remains sitting next to you. Same thing if someone else attacks you. <- tests done with felhunter

'Aggressive stance' is somewhat wonky too. You engage someone, they run away, you pull back your pet by setting it in 'passive stance', get out of combat etc. If you put your pet back into 'agressive stance' again a few seconds after it comes back to you, it starts chasing the same player you engaged before, like the pet itself never left combat. Waiting for some time after pulling the pet back before setting it into 'aggressive stance' again works tho, since maybe it takes longer for pets to leave combat?

In every other case, pets work amazingly well, better then I've seen on any other server.
Sheeva -@- 11 years of facemelting and saving your buttcheeks, all at once!
--/\-- Dreamstate --/\--
Grim
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Veleant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:54 am

Well, hunters' pets work fine. With your example - if you set your pet to defensive mode, it automatically starts running towards the target you're attacking or which attacks you, so it works perfectly.
Veleant
Grunt
Grunt

by Doy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:54 am

i've always preferred to keep my pet on passive and use /petattack macros.

does this even work?
Doy
Tester

by Übergeil » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 am

yes it does.
Übergeil
Tester

by Nobbynobs » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Grim wrote:Those videos are spot on, checked all these issues in this last test and they work properly.

Only thing that is bugged atm is pet 'defensive stance'. Not sure for hunters, I tested it on my lock. When you engage something (ie other player), if pet is set on 'defensive stance', it does nothing, remains sitting next to you. Same thing if someone else attacks you. <- tests done with felhunter

'Aggressive stance' is somewhat wonky too. You engage someone, they run away, you pull back your pet by setting it in 'passive stance', get out of combat etc. If you put your pet back into 'agressive stance' again a few seconds after it comes back to you, it starts chasing the same player you engaged before, like the pet itself never left combat. Waiting for some time after pulling the pet back before setting it into 'aggressive stance' again works tho, since maybe it takes longer for pets to leave combat?

In every other case, pets work amazingly well, better then I've seen on any other server.

This is a rather dispiriting thing to hear. The defence stance should work swimmingly - it's pretty basic stuff. I know I won't like that if it doesn't work properly.
To: Nobbynobs

kill yourself you pathetic shillloser, the world is better of without people like you
Nobbynobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Warlock