[BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

Re: [BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

by TwinHeadedKraken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Cauul wrote:Just started a new toon and wanted to play boomie end game, now after reading this it puts me off.

Don't worry about, just have fun. :) This is just for us nerds who want to min/max. There's a lot of formulas and maths that you don't need to worry about, I'll try and make a simplified ELI5 version at the end of all this.

And I'm still working on an offline version. There's going to be an overhaul in the list using just the realistic BiS stat base (and just post up the spell damage equivalents for pre-raid and hyper bis in the post). I'm still trying to find a way to organize the tabs with both gear slot and patch version, but it just got so ridiculous that I'm just going to keep the patch version tabs and have all the gear slots on the same page.

Sorry guys, bear with me. Been busy for the past few weeks.
TwinHeadedKraken
Grunt
Grunt

by Lorilay » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 pm

FWIW boomkins have the simplest dps spreadsheet to work out.

Mages: Winter Chill, Mind-quickening gem, ignite, etc
Warlocks: Nightfall, Improved Shadowbolt, etc
Shadow Priest: oom, doesn't matter
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Lorilay wrote:Shadow Priest: oom, doesn't matter

To be fair, Moomkin is right on their heels with ooming. However, with proper gear itemization neither Moonkin nor Shadow Priest will have mana troubles except on long fights like Nefarian.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thomaszine » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:33 am

Looks like we can revive this thread? :)
I'm vegan
Thomaszine
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:08 am

I'm just going to dump the rest of the research on BiS lists I had been doing before Nost shut down. All was untested for obvious reasons; not even having the appropriate content available to us except on the PTR for 1.9. So, take 1.9 and beyond lightly. It might be right, or not...

Patch 1.8 BiS Gear (9% spell hit)
-------------------------------------------
Lok'amir il Romathis
Tome of Arcane Domination

Mish'undare, Circlet of the Mind Flayer
Choker of the Fire Lord
Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal
Bloodvine Vest
Cloak of Consumption
Bracers of Arcane Accuracy
Bloodtinged Gloves
Firemaw's Clutch
Bloodvine Leggings
Bloodvine Boots
Ring of Spell Power
Ring of Spell Power
Neltharion's Tear
Briarwood Reed

Patch 1.9 BiS Gear (11%hit)
Lok'amir il Romathis
Royal Scepter of Vek'lor

Amulet of Vek'nilash
Bloodvine Vest
Cloak of the Devoured
Rockfury Bracers
Dark Storm Gauntlets
Eyestalk Waist Cord
Bloodvine Leggings
Bloodvine Boots
Ring of the Fallen God
Ritssyn's Ring of Chaos
Neltharion's Tear
Briarwood Reed

Patch 1.10 BiS Gear (11%hit)
Lok'amir il Romathis
Royal Scepter of Vek'lor

Amulet of Vek'nilash
Bloodvine Vest
Cloak of the Devoured
Rockfury Bracers
Dark Storm Gauntlets
Eyestalk Waist Cord
Bloodvine Leggings
Bloodvine Boots
Ring of the Fallen God
Ritssyn's Ring of Chaos
Neltharion's Tear
Briarwood Reed

Patch 1.11 BiS Gear (9%hit)
Brimstone Staff

Gem of Trapped Innocents
Rime Covered Mantle
Crystal Webbed Robe
Cloak of the Necropolis
Rockfury Bracers
Dark Storm Gauntlets
Eyestalk Waist Cord
Leggings of Polarity
Boots of Epiphany
Ring of the Fallen God
Band of the Inevitable
Neltharion's Tear
The Restrained Essence of Sapphiron

This was specifically tailored to guilds that actually could support a Boomkin (NOPE, Coalition, Grizzly, Ridin Dirty, and most likely Dreamstate). The thing with Boomkin is the higher the raid DPS, the faster the fight, the more likely it is for Boomkin to compete.

It has nothing to do with mana issues. Boomkin is strictly a burst class. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to confirm any of this going forward on Elysium. I doubt I'll be raiding with Coalition (if we reform) and there honestly was no US guild (except Ridin Dirty) that was on par with the server power houses. Doesn't mean that there won't be one on Elysium, but that'd honestly be the best bet for me to continue the research on a higher level.

The strong guilds allow data and research to be done with a wide array of variety and quick results compared to guilds that take 3hr+ just to clear. Different mentality across the entire raid group. It's just that straight forward :\

It should be noted that even in the best situations and the best possible outcome for the Boomkin. Taking an equally geared Mage or Warlock will still be better. At least that's what I've worked out on paper, but it probably will hold true. However, if you're truly min-maxing like that the best setup is going to be 1 Shadow Priest and 9 Warlock's, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Boomkin isn't really viable until AQ comes out anyway, and no serious progression guild will let a Boomkin into their raid until everything is on farm...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Norjak wrote:Boomkin isn't really viable until AQ comes out anyway, and no serious progression guild will let a Boomkin into their raid until everything is on farm...

Although I can't confirm with statistical data. I would say in my opinion it's completely viable in BWL just from initial pre-raid BiS testing. As for "everything on farm" comment, so 1 raid? Lol..
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Syphonize » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:36 am

So this might be super late, and if so, it's whatever. However, one of the earlier posts mentioned something about figuring out how valuable the "mana regen" stats are, that is, spirit and MP5. One option that you can do is figure out your "total mana" once you know a fight duration. This is to say, calculate the total mana you gain from reflection, mana pots, demonic runes, anything, and add it to your mana pool. Then calculate how many casts is possible with that mana pool. It should be possible to then compare two seperare "mana regen" stats this way. I would share the work I did but it wasn't for Boomkins.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Thanks to everyone who has been an inspiration for this project.

A lasting memory in the place it all began.

Please use the last and final update to the resource for your future endeavors through any Classic fresh servers and/or any further Vanilla projects that should come after Classic ends.

Enjoy.

https://github.com/Keftenk/ClassicBalanceDruid
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Caperfin » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:31 am

Keftenk wrote:Thanks to everyone who has been an inspiration for this project.

A lasting memory in the place it all began.

Please use the last and final update to the resource for your future endeavors through any Classic fresh servers and/or any further Vanilla projects that should come after Classic ends.

Enjoy.

https://github.com/Keftenk/ClassicBalanceDruid

hey Kefster, with Classic Fresh on the horizon is there any changes you would make to the list?
Caperfin
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Druid