Night Elf or Tauren

Re: Night Elf or Tauren

by Bezawit » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Guirssane wrote:You just steal rogue gear lel.
are you going to tank the 4hm in naxx with a bear as well?

Your argument against bear tanks is 4hm in naxx? Really? ;-) Do you also consider Frost Mages across all tiers not viable, since Fire is better in Naxx?

The pre-raid + pvp gear is more than adequate for offtanking in MC + BWL. And as you pointed out, AQ is where you actually start to see Feral itemization. I am by no means saying that Bears are better than Prot Warriors in the mitigation department, because they are not. But they are undoubtedly viable.
Bezawit
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:21 am

And ideal for several fights.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by tunguska » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 pm

As an offtank, ideal for raiding.

Look at it this way, an offtank that can also put out decent DPS in the same gear on the same fight. Also can rez/innervate as needed. Low on mages? Your offtank can also decurse. Low on healers? Clutch heals like a boss, and even decent raid heals if you have the gear for it. Another druid is ALWAYS helpful for cleansing poisons in AQ, regardless of spec this can be done.

And, by the time you progress through AQ, you will be geared enough to offtank naxx. The only time a feral is really left behind is during MC and parts of BWL. In pre-raid gear we excel, but other classes in T1 will have the advantage until you get into BWL. Once you get into BWL far enough you will start getting some decent items, world boss drops, etc.

Sure, if you are playing a druid to ONLY tank or ONLY dps, it's not anywhere near optimal. But if used properly as a hybrid a good fdruid is a great contribution to the raid. I know my old raid leader would take me (feral druid) over a rogue or warrior any day because of this (well, and tanks are hard to come by sometimes).

A feral druid offtank also means that another warrior can spec fury, for dat DPS.

BACK ON TOPIC: Tauren, IMO. That HP buff is pretty sweet, and warstomp is a must for any druid in pvp that does not have natures swiftness.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pavnik » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:13 am

Nelf Druid all the way man ^^
Pavnik
Tester

Previous

Return to Druid