Bear form + def rating

Bear form + def rating

by Swagalicious » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 am

What does bear form benefit from having defense rating? Is it even worth having any at all if you're a druid tank?
On the topic of druid tanking stats: str vs agi, worth prioritising one or keep a healthy balance between the two?
Top druid.
Swagalicious
Tester

Re: Bear form + def rating

by Lorilay » Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 am

Because you can't block or parry and can't reach the defense cap to eliminate crits, it's not a stat you should prioritize at all. Dodge provides more avoidance for druid tanks than defense does. Agi > Str, since agi provides both threat and mitigation.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rhinzual30 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 am

Lorilay wrote:Because you can't block or parry and can't reach the defense cap to eliminate crits, it's not a stat you should prioritize at all. Dodge provides more avoidance for druid tanks than defense does. Agi > Str, since agi provides both threat and mitigation.

I can't remember because of how long ago it was, but didn't the newer dungeons/raids that came with Naxx/AQ40 start providing better itemization for Druid Tanks?
Rhinzual30
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Swagalicious » Sun May 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Lorilay wrote:Because you can't block or parry and can't reach the defense cap to eliminate crits, it's not a stat you should prioritize at all. Dodge provides more avoidance for druid tanks than defense does. Agi > Str, since agi provides both threat and mitigation.

That's what i thought, i just got a bit unsure when i saw the +10 defense on Warden Staff.
Cheers for the reply.
Top druid.
Swagalicious
Tester

by Lorilay » Sun May 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Well some of the best gear for tanking has incidental defense on it (Warden Staff), but it's not something I'd go out of the way for.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid