Page 2 of 3

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 pm
by Guirssane
Zbigniew wrote:Is it possible to do a balance/feral-spec for PvP? My thought is that it would cause a lot of confusion for the opponents and when I go oom I'll just shapeshift to feral and start dps'ing from there.

Is that idea good? Input would be appreciated.


not really imo, You need your mana for shapeshift to avoid snare and root. You'll be oom too quickly while using offensive balance skill and shapeshift at the same time. Not worth imo.

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:35 pm
by Takefive
Zbigniew wrote:Is it possible to do a balance/feral-spec for PvP? My thought is that it would cause a lot of confusion for the opponents and when I go oom I'll just shapeshift to feral and start dps'ing from there.

Is that idea good? Input would be appreciated.


I think feral/balance hybrid will be bad as damage dealer, since you need to stack spell based gear for balance damage efficiency and melee abilities based gear for feral. Maybe you'll recieve more mobility or versatility in fights... But there will be lack of crit chance and damage on both of your balance and feral sides, so you will die faster than your oponent. Option here is try somehow to stack defensive gear and stats (like health, armor, dodge, damage absorbing trinkets), which will be more helpful for both sides of hybrid, unlike offensive ones.

The only idea i have is the next build. Caster playstyle, where you spam moonfire, wrath and starfire, all from the distance. Feral dire bear form in case you need survive melee atack. Focus on survivability and spell damage based gear. Big question how good this can be against caster classes.

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:42 pm
by Viorus
Vanilla isn't Hybrid friendly, so only the true die-hards will be playing Pally's Shamans and Druids :)

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 pm
by Guirssane
Viorus wrote:Vanilla isn't Hybrid friendly, so only the true die-hards will be playing Pally's Shamans and Druids :)


actually, in pvp you can do whatever you want as hybrid spec, but some spec are better than others.
Best hybrid spec for feral IMO is taking nature's swiftness, then rest of your point in feral.
There is also a good hybrid spec for mage called elemental.
Not only these 3 class can be hybrid ;-).

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:23 pm
by Yondurosh
well this is the style i base my build around, ofcourse this guy seems to use more feral oriented spec but i would try to add to that damage with buffed moonfire and insect swarm while mostly staying away from him because of windfury (differently against other classes but still similar by outlasting their mana or health, will result in epic fights :p).

Ranged tries to stay away from me obviously and thus swarm and moonfire are buffed through talents for extra damage when im not in range for beastforms.

http://youtu.be/0jmxnDK_DB8?t=7m25s

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:11 pm
by Larsen
The resto/feral hybrid. You don't want to play a tank main with a druid, but you can be a healer+offtank with one spec and not really lose anything significant from either role. There's a fully viable raid spec that is both a tank and a healer, thanks to Heart of the Wild in the feral tree which gives +20% intellect. This is a viable laternative to deep resto. The spec looks like this:

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... c555e501d0

If you look at what you give up in the resto tree, it's really not much. Some aggro reduction, some crit on Regrowth which you shouldn't be casting anyway, Swiftmend which is a weak 31-point talent anyway, and then the only significant loss is the +10% healing. I think +20% intellect easily makes up for this.

This build is an incredible dungeon tank, better than a warrior due to its rock-solid AoE threat and very high armor/health. You could also main tank some easier raids, and raid content that you outgear, but it's not really meant for MTing in general. It's a very good OT, however. This spec is not a half-assed healer, it's a 100% capable healer that can also tank with a gearswap macro and do it pretty much as well as any feral tank.

This is the closest thing to dual spec that you'll find in vanilla. The uninformed will look at the 0/30/21 distribution and decide "that can't heal" simply because the majority of the points are in feral, so the spec never gained widespread popularity. However, it was a recognized spec back in the day, and completely viable.

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:57 am
by riq and snog
/cast fear
/lol


Ok srs now some of these specs are really good, keep in mind especially as a druid in pvp , jack of all trades master of none... if u specialise too much into 1 thing u gonna gimp yourself when it comes to pvp as a grp. Also try to have multiple sets at your disposal while having a hybrid spec. But curi you are ally just get the goblin boots and a fap + freedom and flag run carry your team

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 am
by Ivina
Larsen wrote:The resto/feral hybrid. You don't want to play a tank main with a druid, but you can be a healer+offtank with one spec and not really lose anything significant from either role. There's a fully viable raid spec that is both a tank and a healer, thanks to Heart of the Wild in the feral tree which gives +20% intellect. This is a viable laternative to deep resto. The spec looks like this:

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... c555e501d0

If you look at what you give up in the resto tree, it's really not much. Some aggro reduction, some crit on Regrowth which you shouldn't be casting anyway, Swiftmend which is a weak 31-point talent anyway, and then the only significant loss is the +10% healing. I think +20% intellect easily makes up for this.

This build is an incredible dungeon tank, better than a warrior due to its rock-solid AoE threat and very high armor/health. You could also main tank some easier raids, and raid content that you outgear, but it's not really meant for MTing in general. It's a very good OT, however. This spec is not a half-assed healer, it's a 100% capable healer that can also tank with a gearswap macro and do it pretty much as well as any feral tank.

This is the closest thing to dual spec that you'll find in vanilla. The uninformed will look at the 0/30/21 distribution and decide "that can't heal" simply because the majority of the points are in feral, so the spec never gained widespread popularity. However, it was a recognized spec back in the day, and completely viable.


Can't repeat it enough, but that's exactly why I love that Nostalrius kept the 50g re-spec cap. If you could re-spec on a daily basis, this kind of spec would barely exist, it would only make sense for very casual players.

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:11 pm
by tunguska
Can't wait to play feral pvp! 14/32/5 is pretty nice. 1.12 talents will be nice to have right off the bat, if it were 1.4 talents I would NOT be a druid :p

Re: Some druid that are going to pvp?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:47 am
by noblue
balance spells are actually fairly useful when PvPing as feral. They are worth casting against melee in certain cases, especially warriors. At minimum it's good to get moonfire up if you can spare a moment between forms

I will be playing the standard feral PvP build: http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 320215105n

I will also play a balance build I used at 60: http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 1j3500201i

it's a fun build that does well in 1v1. I skip moonfury because it was bugged when I played the spec. If it's better on nost, the build will be different

Swiftmend which is a weak 31-point talent anyway

in a thread about PvP, swiftmend gets called a weak talent? it's a ridiculously good PvP talent