Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6)

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items

by Lorilay » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:23 pm

fish wrote:You've posted two items on some itemslots, which one is the better though? Boots for example

I'd say they're debatably the same (or, in the case of bracers one is a 0.5% drop).
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items

by SabaKu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm

I have a doubt about the gloves:

which one is better and why?

Hands of the Exalted Herald or Gloves of Restoration
SabaKu
Tester
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items

by Lorilay » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Spirit doesn't make a huge difference until 3-piece Stormrage is available, which makes this a moot point because Stormrage Gloves will be BiS. At the end of the day, you just have to exercise some common sense when you're gearing up. If you run out of mana all the time, stack more mp5 and spirit. If you're not, stack +healing. Frankly, if you don't cheap out on consumables then there's not many fights that are even possible to run completely oom on, so you should shoot for straight +heal priority.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items

by Norjak » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Lorilay wrote:Spirit doesn't make a huge difference until 3-piece Stormrage is available, which makes this a moot point because Stormrage Gloves will be BiS.

Not a moot point unless you have them already, and whether or not you get them comes down to luck & persistence with farming BWL. One of them is probably theoretically slightly better, but in practical terms they are close to the same.
User avatar
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Doofoos » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:00 am

Thanks for BWL update!
Lorilay wrote:TRINKET1
- Preraid: Briarwood Reed (UBRS)
- BiS: Rejuvenating Gem (Firemaw/Ebonroc/Flamegor)

TRINKET2
- Preraid/BiS: Royal Seal of Eldre'thelas (DM/AH)
- BiS: Neltharion's Tear (don't do this)

How caster 44 spd \ 2% spell hit trinket shows up in bis list for resto druid?
There should be Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon, isn't it?
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
User avatar
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Lorilay » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Well if you want to get technical I'd say that 2% hit is better than 10 fire resist (hibernate!), but some people can't take a joke it seems :P. Obviously you shouldn't be spending your DKP on Neltharion's Tear, and it will never be awarded to you via loot council.

Blue Dragon is only good if you're making a mana regen set (which really only comes into play for Chromaggus and Viscidus in my opinion).
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Darkeyez » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:59 pm

I have a question regarding Druid T1 set. Since it has really low +BH and useless set bonuses, do you recommend using it at all? It has good stats bonus though. I thought I could use T1 wrists with +24BH enchant + T1 hands along with BiS gear from 1st post. Will I be able to raid BWL with that gear? Any advices? :)

Thanks in advance :)
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
User avatar
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Norjak » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Darkeyez wrote:I have a question regarding Druid T1 set. Since it has really low +BH and useless set bonuses, do you recommend using it at all? It has good stats bonus though. I thought I could use T1 wrists with +24BH enchant + T1 hands along with BiS gear from 1st post. Will I be able to raid BWL with that gear? Any advices? :)

T1 wrists & gloves are trash, you are much better off farming wrists from DM N Tribute & gloves from DM East or BRD. And definitely don't waste your gold enchanting the T1 wrists with +24. (Unless you are rich). The T1 shoulders & boots are decent, the helm is comparable to pre-BiS and the chest is ok until you can farm Robes of the Exalted. That's about it, in most cases you're better off farming pre-BiS.
User avatar
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Darkeyez » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Norjak wrote:
Darkeyez wrote:I have a question regarding Druid T1 set. Since it has really low +BH and useless set bonuses, do you recommend using it at all? It has good stats bonus though. I thought I could use T1 wrists with +24BH enchant + T1 hands along with BiS gear from 1st post. Will I be able to raid BWL with that gear? Any advices? :)

T1 wrists & gloves are trash, you are much better off farming wrists from DM N Tribute & gloves from DM East or BRD. And definitely don't waste your gold enchanting the T1 wrists with +24. (Unless you are rich). The T1 shoulders & boots are decent, the helm is comparable to pre-BiS and the chest is ok until you can farm Robes of the Exalted. That's about it, in most cases you're better off farming pre-BiS.


Thanks! So that means, with all that gear from the list (including T2 head from Onyxia), I can go to BWL?
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
User avatar
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt
 

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Norjak » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Darkeyez wrote:Thanks! So that means, with all that gear from the list (including T2 head from Onyxia), I can go to BWL?

Yeah, with the pre-BiS & T2 helmet you can probably get started in BWL & keep people alive but there are many other factors.
If you are going into BWL then your guild is most likely already farming MC, the T1 boots & shoulders are solid upgrades over the pre-BiS items listed in this thread.
User avatar
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard
 

PreviousNext

Return to Druid

cron