Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6)

Re: Current resto pre-raid and best-in-slot items (patch 1.6

by Lorilay » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 am

I can't speak for healers in other raids, but unless there is constant raid damage going on (Vael, BWL trash packs, etc), other healers in our raid will heal anyone to full in 2 seconds or so. I can't really imagine a situation where I heal a single target to half and then 21 seconds of regrowth ticks away without another healer topping them off, unless you run with people who have the reaction time of a potato.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hammersplat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:13 am

i guess everyone on the server has the reaction time of a potato then, cause druids using regrowth seem to heal raids so much better than feral druids casting mana efficient heals.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Doofoos » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:54 am

Main idea of this build is to use downranked Regrowth as a very fast cast, heal-over-time part of this spell is insignificant in current content (except Vael fight).
Player asked, i answered. Yes it's viable, yes it gives you a potential to beat other healers in numbers (if you care), and most important thing - it gives you an opportunity to diversify your gameplay, and be a little bit more than just a healing touch spam machine.
Anyway, this is not the right place to argue about efficiency of this build.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zanbaka » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am

Well personally I'm a Shaman so it doesn't apply to me, but the reason I came with this stuff is because a certain dr00t guildie of mine is super obsessed with crit, and has quite the number of crit items because of his "crit build". Now the thing is that he wants Mish'undare because of the 2% crit.....may it be worthwhile, or should it go to caster DPS instead? Hell, is this "crit build" even viable (I mean in terms of gear, not spec)? I have no idea what exact spec he's running, but I assume it's either 24/0/27 or 21/0/30
Zanbaka
Grunt
Grunt

by Hammersplat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:12 pm

well everyone probably wants a http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19375 if he has the dkp why not?
It has more +healing too. Looks like drood loot to me. :D

he wants more crit so he has 1.3 seconds heals all the time. We can out flash heal the paladins, it's a pretty good spec. My regrowthR4 heals more than my paladins flash heals do now (hot part not included) and faster.
I'm like a night elf paladin without the responsibility of buffing and ressing people.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mirabae » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Zanbaka wrote:Well personally I'm a Shaman so it doesn't apply to me, but the reason I came with this stuff is because a certain dr00t guildie of mine is super obsessed with crit, and has quite the number of crit items because of his "crit build". Now the thing is that he wants Mish'undare because of the 2% crit.....may it be worthwhile, or should it go to caster DPS instead? Hell, is this "crit build" even viable (I mean in terms of gear, not spec)? I have no idea what exact spec he's running, but I assume it's either 24/0/27 or 21/0/30

If you take mish as a druid when caster dps (or even paladins) still need it, your priorities are purely selfish. The upgrade (usually from Stormrage) is much smaller for druids compared to the equivalent upgrade for other classes.

Your guildie probably stared himself blind on the Nature's Grace talent. While crit does make the build better, you have to take other factors into account.
Mirabae
Tester

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 am

Zanbaka wrote:Well personally I'm a Shaman so it doesn't apply to me, but the reason I came with this stuff is because a certain dr00t guildie of mine is super obsessed with crit, and has quite the number of crit items because of his "crit build". Now the thing is that he wants Mish'undare because of the 2% crit.....may it be worthwhile, or should it go to caster DPS instead? Hell, is this "crit build" even viable (I mean in terms of gear, not spec)? I have no idea what exact spec he's running, but I assume it's either 24/0/27 or 21/0/30

As someone else has pointed out, it would be incredibly selfish of a druid. It's like a hunter grabbing DFT.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:08 pm

this thread seems a bit out of date already.

but lets go over the basic trinkets resto druids should go for..

#1 priority. rejuvenating gem. you will not find a better trinket with high +healing and 9 mp5.

now lets say you have a rejuvenating gem. what should you get for a 2nd trinket slot?
consider the 2nd trinket slot as a reactionary trinket.

here is a list of some trinkets that can be very useful during your raids.

1) Hibernation crystal - 1min 30s cd, last 15s
2) ZHC - 2min cd, last 15s
3) ZG EoM trinket (great for HT based healing druids for haste healing/upranking HT at 1.5s cast speed) - 3min cd
4) Shard of the scale - ideal for your MP5/cleanse fights.
5) DM trinket - provides decent +heal for starting druids.
6) darkmoon card blue dragon - not a fan of this, but ideal for cleanse fights with high spirit count.

any other trinket that people say you should get(nelths tear for example) don't listen to them. they are going off of some random opinion or spreadsheet made by someone who doesn't understand how to play this game that figures higher +spell dmg passively = better then everything.

some tips for healers who want to experiment and get crazy.

1)EoM HT haste trinket & ZHC can both be used at the same time.
3min cd and a 2min cd.
pop both and uprank your HT to r5 with a bonus +408 healing. for 15s, you will be empowered druid. go ham on raid heals. your 2.5s casts will become 1.5s casts with the 40% haste effect from EoM trinket. (uprank time)

2) Hibernation crystal + ZHC
1min 30s cd & 2min cd. both are usable together.
this is amazing double on use trinket for +408&+350(758 bonus on first heal) healing for 15s, OR delay usage for 30s of 300+ bonus heals. this is VERY nice on druids who like to focus on HoT's. with the low CD's on the trinkets, you can alternate between the 2 before they match up again at the 6min mark. great for the maexxna encounter when you want a very strong hot on your tank during web sprays. ;)

3) MP5 cleanse trinkets.
shard of the scale & rejuvenating gem/darkmoon card blue dragon.
ideal for really boring fights in AQ40 where you're doing nothing but poison cleansing. (ideal for alliance druids)

I encourage everyone to experiment with different trinket combos and other "situational" items that may come to use. when AQ40 releases, I am curious as to how well the scarab from Viscidus matches up on certain spells and classes. :D
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:34 pm

Hammersplat wrote:well everyone probably wants a http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19375 if he has the dkp why not?

he wants more crit so he has 1.3 seconds heals all the time. We can out flash heal the paladins, it's a pretty good spec. My regrowthR4 heals more than my paladins flash heals do now (hot part not included) and faster.
I'm like a night elf paladin without the responsibility of buffing and ressing people.

but you still have the 1.5s GCD to compete with. 1.3 is faster, but you will have some lag time between casting .2s.

crit only affects casted spells (healing touch and regrowth)
personally, regrowth spec gives you a free 50% crit already. anymore is just fluffypandas.

druid crit build is pretty funny though. that should be put into the category of ridiculous ideas and thrown into the ocean. :P
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Hammersplat » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 am

Imbaslap wrote:
Hammersplat wrote:well everyone probably wants a http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19375 if he has the dkp why not?

but you still have the 1.5s GCD to compete with. 1.3 is faster, but you will have some lag time between casting .2s.

crit only affects casted spells (healing touch and regrowth)
personally, regrowth spec gives you a free 50% crit already. anymore is just fluffypandas.

druid crit build is pretty funny though. that should be put into the category of ridiculous ideas and thrown into the ocean. :P

You are a fluffy panda Imba.

This regrowth spec seems to be a new thing with not much information about it anywhere.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Druid