Theorycrafting: Druids' Stats

Theorycrafting: Druids' Stats

by Lufhtrae » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:41 am

As a fan of theorycrafting, I am here to help the community in creating helpful content for selecting the right stats as a druid. Min-maxing your gear is a great point to consider as well when it comes to leveling and raiding efficiency. This post serves to help you to select the right stats for your specialization. If you feel that I can add something to this post, please send me a PM of your suggestion to what I can add or tweak. I want this thread to be as informative and accurate as possible.

NOTE: This thread is under heavy construction due to more researches with multiple sources, theorycrafting, in-game number crunching, and excel spreadsheet with all formulas. Please forgive me while I work on this thread to completely improve it before importing to Elysium for public viewing.

General Druid Formulas:
Mana from Intellect = Total Intellect * 15
Health from Stamina = (Total Stamina - 20) * 10
Attack Power = Total Strength * 2.0
Dodge = (Total Agility / 20) + 0.9 + Miscellaneous Contributions

Balance & Restro Formulas:
Spellpower Coefficient --- IF(Spell Cast Time <= 1.5) THEN = (1.5 / 3.5) * (Spell Rank Trainable At / Character Current Level)
Spellpower Coefficient --- IF(Spell Cast Time >= 7.0) THEN = (7.0 / 3.5) * (Spell Rank Trainable At / Character Current Level)
Spellpower Coefficient --- OTHERWISE = (Spell Cast Time / 3.5) * (Spell Rank Trainable At / Character Current Level)
Spell Hit Chance = (84 + Spell Hit Rating) / 100
Spell Critical Damage Bonus = Damage Dealt * 2.0
Critical Hit Chance Bonus from Intellect = Total Intellect / 60

Feral Formulas:
Hit Chance = (91 + Hit Rating) / 100 INCOMPLETE FORMULA
Critical Damage Bonus = Damage Dealt * 2.0
Critical Hit Chance Bonus = (Total Agility / 20)
Attack Power in Cat Form = (Total Strength * 2.0) + Total Agility

Talent Modifiers:
Vengeance = Spell Critical Damage Bonus Increased for Moonfire/Starfire/Wrath by 2.0/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8/3.0
Heart of the Wild = Increased Total Strength in Cat Form by 1.0/1.04/1.08/1.12/1.16/1.20
Heart of the Wild = Increased Total Stamina in Bear Form by 1.0/1.04/1.08/1.12/1.16/1.20

Attacker Levels 60+
Damage Reduction % = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * (AttackerLevel + 4.5 * (AttackerLevel - 59))) INCOMPLETE FORMULA
Dodge % = 0.9% + (Agi / 20) + Miscellaneous Contributions + (Attacker's Attack Skill * 0.04) INCOMPLETE FORMULA
Miscellanous Contributions = Items, Gears, Talents, and Race Radicals.

Update Log:
12/27/2016 - Fixed few typos & added formulas. Massive update to this article is coming soon!

01/11/2017 - Removed incorrect formulas & simplified this article for readability
Last edited by Lufhtrae on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Night Elf Druid

"Go all of the way or go home"
Lightninghoof, Alliance - Reckoning & Cadia
Lufhtrae
Private
Private

Re: Theorycrafting: Druids' Stats

by Chevejo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:53 am

Hey,

thank u for that overview! Guess it´s real helpfull for new druids to get into that materia.

If u would grap some more detailed stat calculations like how much int is 1 spell dmg, that would round up all this.

Voted for sticky!
Chevejo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lufhtrae » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Chevejo wrote:Hey,

thank u for that overview! Guess it´s real helpfull for new druids to get into that materia.

If u would grap some more detailed stat calculations like how much int is 1 spell dmg, that would round up all this.

Voted for sticky!

To my awareness, Intelligence does not provide a bonus to your spells as a druid. In my research, it is actually normal to not have much spell damage in Vanilla. The only way to get spell damage is via talents in certain classes (which druids don't), potions, scrolls, and directly from the gear.
Night Elf Druid

Lufhtrae
Private
Private

by mindbullets » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:19 am

Agility currently also gives +1 AP per point of Agility in cat form only. At least this is what shows up in the paper doll.

Also, 1 Strength gives exactly 2.4 AP in cat form with 5/5 Heart of the Wild, since 2.0 * 1.2 = 2.4.

Great post!
Turpin | 60 Tauren Druid | <Titans of War>
mindbullets
Private
Private

by Lufhtrae » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:44 am

mindbullets wrote:Agility currently also gives +1 AP per point of Agility in cat form only. At least this is what shows up in the paper doll.

Also, 1 Strength gives exactly 2.4 AP in cat form with 5/5 Heart of the Wild, since 2.0 * 1.2 = 2.4.

Great post!

I just tested the agility to AP in-game and I totally did not notice that :shock: revised the post to add AP for agility :) I'll adjust strength as well.
Night Elf Druid

Lufhtrae
Private
Private

by Theloras » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:58 am

Lufhtrae wrote:
mindbullets wrote:Agility currently also gives +1 AP per point of Agility in cat form only. At least this is what shows up in the paper doll.

Great post!

I just tested the agility to AP in-game and I totally did not notice that :shock: revised the post to add AP for agility :) I'll adjust strength as well.

yes STR > AP by far for Feral
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lufhtrae » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Theloras wrote:
Lufhtrae wrote:

Great post!

yes STR > AP by far for Feral

Oh I agree but having a low hit rating can be a killer so it's nice to push that down as much as you can then focus on strength/AP stacking :)
Night Elf Druid

Lufhtrae
Private
Private

by Theloras » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Oh I agree, it's just that you had listed AP as being higher than pure STR in your list is all.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lufhtrae » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:56 am

Theloras wrote:Oh I agree, it's just that you had listed AP as being higher than pure STR in your list is all.

AP is the highest stat because it affects your baseline dps and you get AP from Strength as well. From my understanding, your argument is that there are certain gears that provides more AP from Strength gear than pure AP gear. In a sense, if you see a gear with +10 strength compared to a gear that provides +22AP alone then you will want to pick the +10 strength over +22AP because +10 strength gives you +24AP. Same thing can be said with agi gear... if you see a chest with +5 strength compared to +15 agility then you will want +15 agility because it provides the primary stat which is +15AP. However, AP is the primary stat that STR/AGI provides but STR holds higher position than AGI due to more AP provided. Meele Critical Hit rating holds the lowest priority because it provides no AP. I hope this thought train helps to clear some things up. Use your best judgement when weighting all stats together to see if an upgrade is significant for your class and role!
Night Elf Druid

Lufhtrae
Private
Private

by Theloras » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 am

Lufhtrae wrote:
Theloras wrote:Oh I agree, it's just that you had listed AP as being higher than pure STR in your list is all.

AP is the highest stat because it affects your baseline dps and you get AP from Strength as well. From my understanding, your argument is that there are certain gears that provides more AP from Strength gear than pure AP gear. In a sense, if you see a gear with +10 strength compared to a gear that provides +22AP alone then you will want to pick the +10 strength over +22AP because +10 strength gives you +24AP. Same thing can be said with agi gear... if you see a chest with +5 strength compared to +15 agility then you will want +15 agility because it provides the primary stat which is +15AP. However, AP is the primary stat that STR/AGI provides but STR holds higher position than AGI due to more AP provided. Meele Critical Hit rating holds the lowest priority because it provides no AP. I hope this thought train helps to clear some things up. Use your best judgement when weighting all stats together to see if an upgrade is significant for your class and role!

Yes, I agree about STR vs AGI as AGI provides Crit and Dodge on top of AP but pound for pound, Feral Druids get more bang for their buck with STR vs AP as you have the highest STR multiplier @ 2.4x (even more so than Warriors or Paladins) which then gets further multiplied by Blessing of Kings whereas raw Attack Power does not benefit from Kings.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Druid