Flag Carrier

Flag Carrier

by Maker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Wanna be a FC.

So what a new FC should know?

Specs, gear, professions, consums.

Any tips, tricks and macroses is welcome.

Some vids also would be great.
Last edited by Maker on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maker
Tester

Re: Flag Carrier

by Lorilay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:20 pm

• I like and use 1/29/21 for flag carrying, since you can dish out healing decently as well. 8/11/32 is also good for survivability, although you can't really tank your way through their entire team as well as you can with more bear talents.

• Level enchanting for the tank trinket, engineering is a beast as always.

• Always carry ~20 free action potions and take the time to stock up on whipper root tubers.

• Use ItemRack and have sets hotkeyed (I switch to 4-piece PvP set when I'm running, but back to tank gear if I'm going to get beat on).

• Speaking of gear, make sure you collect a full tanking set, rank up to at least 8 for the 4-piece bonus, and collect a leather healing set (stam > healing > int).

• Don't cheap out on enchants, but the #1 enchant of all time is movement speed to boots. Any time I can just run away from melee in bear form is just hilarious. Don't be that guy.

• Don't pull a Dizzy and delete your Skull of Impending Doom (shots fired!). Other must-haves are Rocket Boots, Swift Boots, Nifty Stopwatch, and Tidal Charm.

• Whether you're horde or alliance, master the horde GY jump (both with a mount and in cheetah form).

• Balance the use of track humanoids against the presence of enemy rogues...you can kite the other team for days when you know where they are, but if a rogue catches you in cat form you'll probably have to use your pvp trinket or cooldown.

• Learn timing...it's not always the best option to take off across mid with the flag. Sometimes it's better to hang out in their base or over their tunnel until their team is engaged at midfield and you have a clear shot. Hanging out over their tunnel can force 1-2 people to ride up their ramp to come after you.

• If you're a raider and pick up an Ancient Cornerstone Grimoire, you can put it to good use keeping an opponent from mounting while you cheetah off into the sunset. Just /attack them and summon your trusty buddy, and he'll run over and start blasting away for 40-50 damage PER HIT.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by FCer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:03 pm

heres a few macros i used when running flags, i have supermacro installed though im not sure if its needed to make them work.
Also some addons might cause the macros to not work. :!:
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch(Rank 10)

/unbuff Black War Wolf
/unbuff Cat Form
/unbuff Dire Bear Form
/unbuff Travel Form
/unbuff Aquatic Form
/unbuff Moonkin Form

Heres a few spamable druid form macros
/script if not buffed("Dire Bear Form") then cast("Dire Bear Form") end

/script if not buffed("Cat Form") then cast("Cat Form") end
/cast Track Humanoids

/script if not buffed("Travel Form") then cast("Travel Form") end

Grenade macro
/script SpellStopCasting()
/use Iron Grenade
FCer
Private
Private

by Maker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:09 pm

What is a best spec for solo fc'ing and in premade?
What consumables should I use except free action?
Maker
Tester

by FCer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:18 pm

Maker wrote:What is a best spec for solo fc'ing and in premade?
What consumables should I use except free action?

This is the spec i use for both solo and premade FCing, there are some points you can move around but this is what worked the best for me.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZVMhoZVxfoeqzo

As for consumables i'd say mainly Free action potions and Swiftness Potions, lots of grenades aswell.
If you have the budget for Noggenfogger elixirs use them aswell, altough they are expensive as shit when you use them alot.
FCer
Private
Private

by Lorilay » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid