Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

Re: Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

by Taladril » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:03 am

I can't really describe the nitty gritty to you, but the basis is the same for all classes. Attempt to get to hit cap as it is the most beneficial thing to up your dps. Once you hit cap though it is no longer useful to get more. So get to 9% and then keep it there. Hit cap is actually a little over 8%, that's why people usually say go for 8. Some theory to read below:
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Hit
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Taladril wrote:18 agility is 18 attack power and almost a full percent of crit (20 agi is one crit).

Please include this information (20 agi = 1 crit) in the Stat Values section of your spreadsheet for Cat dps. Thanks.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:31 am

There is a druid theory page that is stickied that contains this exact information.
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16254
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brye » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Can anyone confirm how good the devilsaur set really is? Dont see it that high on the list.
Brye
Private
Private

by Taladril » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Looking at them, the devilsaur set's individual pieces are pretty low on the list, however together with the set bonus they are quite good. I'll actually add and change them in this list to what they are as a set because they are very competitive for their slot.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brye » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:38 am

Taladril wrote:Looking at them, the devilsaur set's individual pieces are pretty low on the list, however together with the set bonus they are quite good. I'll actually add and change them in this list to what they are as a set because they are very competitive for their slot.

Awesome! Thank you.
Brye
Private
Private

by Pottu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Stickied.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Lorilay » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:47 pm

I'd say that mp5 is overvalued in your calculations for healing gear. I'm aware of the idea that more mp5 = more casts, but if you're using consumables correctly it's nearly impossible to completely oom on any fights in the game, and mp5 only comes into play for extremely long encounters where you should have multiple potion cooldowns to make up for it. To put it another way, unless you go completely oom in a fight without it, mp5 (and spirit) gives you zero benefit.

If you're moonglow spec it's even less of an issue because you can literally cast rank 4 healing touch forever with just potion cooldowns.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brye » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:23 am

Just how good would the 3 pieces off the AB exalted set would be ? I know shoulders are bis but what about all of em together?
Brye
Private
Private

by Taladril » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Brye wrote:Just how good would the 3 pieces off the AB exalted set would be ? I know shoulders are bis but what about all of em together?

2 pieces gives you 5 stam and 3 pc gives 1 crit. The stam is useful for tanking and right now having the boots and shoulders for the bonus would be a nice small bonus. The crit though adds only dps and not anything to tanking except tps. Considering the relative ease of obtaining a Lava Belt and its outstanding tanking stats, going for 3 pc would not seem like a great idea.
If you are thinking from a cat dps standpoint, the boots are poor, while the shoulders and belt are decent. But there are a lot of tradeoffs as compared to what you can find elsewhere.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Druid