Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

Re: Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

by TheNIF » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:49 am

The only exception is if you are, for example, farming [Atal'ai Spaulders of ...] (or slaghide gauntlets) and you happen to get defense instead of "of the monkey" or "of agility".

The "of defense" version of the shoulders gives 13 defense, the "of agility" version gives 20 agility. So the agility version would give 1% dodge and 1% crit. The defense version would give 1,04% miss+dodge, and -0,52% chance to be critted. Dmg reduction wise the 13 defense version is still better than the 20 agility version.

The same would be true for the slaghide gauntlets of defense vs of agility.
Last edited by TheNIF on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Yurf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Taladril, are you willing to make your spreadsheet available for download as well? This would make it much easier to do theorycrafting around changing the base stat values.
Yurf
Private
Private

by Lorilay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:23 pm

TheNIF wrote:But this is a useless theoretical discussion, because there is no gear choice that lets you choose between an item with 20 agility vs an item with 20 defense. Most of the best bear items usually has either one or the other, or both already.

The reason for this is because agility and defense don't have equal values for item level. On BWL-level gear you see ~5-10 defense on gear that has +20-30 of a stat (stam, agi, str, etc). I think a better comparison would be something like 8 defense vs 25 agility. It's the same reason you don't see items with 20% dodge and 20 agility. Although you do note two exceptions above (although I wouldn't discount the lack of stam on the +def items either).That said, this is all hypothetical because there's really only a few slots where you could possibly make that choice, and those drop off as defense is left off of more leather gear in later progression.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Yurf wrote:Taladril, are you willing to make your spreadsheet available for download as well? This would make it much easier to do theorycrafting around changing the base stat values.

I changed the access to be public, however I am not sure if the published version allows for download. Let me know if that worked. If not I'll poke around some more.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Yurf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Taladril wrote:
Yurf wrote:Taladril, are you willing to make your spreadsheet available for download as well? This would make it much easier to do theorycrafting around changing the base stat values.

I changed the access to be public, however I am not sure if the published version allows for download. Let me know if that worked. If not I'll poke around some more.

Thanks for sharing. Yup, you can make a copy either in google drive (File->Make a copy) or offline (File->Download as). However, the AP-equivalent values for cat gear are hardcoded and don't reference the stat values. I'll need to add the stats for each item individually and make the AP-equivalent values a formula to allow for playing around. This is doable, but it will take some time.
Yurf
Private
Private

by Taladril » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Yurf wrote:
Taladril wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Yup, you can make a copy either in google drive (File->Make a copy) or offline (File->Download as). However, the AP-equivalent values for cat gear are hardcoded and don't reference the stat values. I'll need to add the stats for each item individually and make the AP-equivalent values a formula to allow for playing around. This is doable, but it will take some time.

Yes, unfortunately for you I did that for everything cause I wasn't thinking of extra analysis happening. However I am curious to see what number crunching you can come up with.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MrCer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi I have some druid questions regarding bears.

Is there a bis enchant list for druid tanks?

Is it possible to maintain frenzied regeneration?

Do we need hit gear/cap?

In comparison to warrior tank gear to druid gear; it seems like druids have ridiculously more crit/AP than them. Will they be fighting to keep aggro?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:08 pm

MrCer wrote:Is there a bis enchant list for druid tanks?

Head: 100hp
Chest: 4 Stats
Back: +5 resists
Wrist: Stamina
Gloves: Agility
Legs: 100hp
Feet: Stamina (move speed isn't bad in some cases)
Weapon: 15 agi

MrCer wrote:Is it possible to maintain frenzied regeneration?

No

MrCer wrote:Do we need hit gear/cap?

Cap? No. Hit helps with threat, though.

MrCer wrote:In comparison to warrior tank gear to druid gear; it seems like druids have ridiculously more crit/AP than them. Will they be fighting to keep aggro?

Why would you be fighting for aggro with a warrior tank in bear form? In theory, druids have more threat potential than warriors, although I've found in practice it's lower (just based on when I lose aggro on Onyxia).
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:05 am

HUGE update to the list. I fleshed out all of the resto gear. Before it was someone else's cherry picked gear list that pretty much only listed bis with content jumps. Because of that a ton of gear was secretly hidden, like zg and aq 20 stuff as well as just not giving a strong sense of the completeness of how stuff stacks out.

Well anyway I went through all of the gear for all of the tabs and the list is truly done and complete.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fegan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:58 am

Taladril wrote:HUGE update to the list. I fleshed out all of the resto gear. Before it was someone else's cherry picked gear list that pretty much only listed bis with content jumps. Because of that a ton of gear was secretly hidden, like zg and aq 20 stuff as well as just not giving a strong sense of the completeness of how stuff stacks out.

Well anyway I went through all of the gear for all of the tabs and the list is truly done and complete.

Found out something else. Anyway, if you include green items?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11874 has the exact same dps as http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18374

Yet is a green item, gainable by a quest in Felwood and should be in about the middle of the DPS list. Sure it has less HP, but it's obtainable even while levelling. I didn't even realise the shoulders I was wearing atm were pretty good.
Fegan
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Druid