Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

Re: Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

by Hammersplat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 am

Doofoos wrote:I've heard that i might need 150 nature resistance (nr) on my gear for AQ (without buffs)
Any ideas what is the best options to fill slots with nr items?
Im gonna check nr list and edit this post a bit later, just wanna see other opinions.

okay, grabbed some items in to a small list (didn't include aq or world dragons loot here)
Head: Sylvan Crown (30 nr, 10 stamina, 18 spd)
Shoulders Sylvan Shoulders (20 nr, 10 nr enchant?, 18 stamina, 7 spd)
Cloak: Gaea's Embrace (20 nr, 6 stamina)
Chest: t2 chest (10 nr, bunch of other stats)
Legs: Cenarion Reservist's Leggings (25 nr, 13 stamina, 29 healing)
Feet: Bramblewood Boots (25 nr, 12 stamina)
Total: 140 nr
For 150 nr we can use 10 nr trinket from mara, or one 20 nr ring and replace 10 nr ZG enchant with the healing one.

Any other ideas? I will look on that list again, to compare +\- other stats, but it will require some more time.

i thought that most of those things won't be in game at AQ opening? I got...

Chimeric Vest 17 (craft)
Chloromesh girdle 20 (mara)
Neart of noxxion 10 (mara)
Phytoskin shoulders 10 (mara)
Chimeric gloves 12 (craft)
Chimeric legs 16 (craft)
Natures Whisper 8 (quest in silithus)
Vinerot boots 12 (mara)
2 rings, one 19 and one 18 (keep looking on the AH for the cheap ones!)

That gives me 142

The UBRS helm gives a fair bit, can't remember? and i saw a helm once on the AH "swashbuckler something or nature resist" and it was 150 gold but i didn't buy it.

I suggest getting chimeric made and finding a rogue or druid friend to spend some evenings in Mara stealthing to those bosses. Then if any of that stuff does become available it will be better, but don't count on it.

Does anyone know what is going to be available on Nost?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:50 am

All of the NR stuff should be available come the AQ patch so not useful for world dragons but useful for AQ because there'll be a couple of weeks till the raid actually can happen, so plenty of time to get your gear crafted and ready.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hammersplat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:06 am

if that is true, i would do doofhoofs list and 1 NR ring.

All those rings on the AH they are trying to sell for 200g are overpriced then. Did they change their minds about what gear is going to be available?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 am

Doofoos wrote:I've heard that i might need 150 nature resistance (nr) on my gear for AQ (without buffs)
Any ideas what is the best options to fill slots with nr items?
Im gonna check nr list and edit this post a bit later, just wanna see other opinions.

For Resto? Definitely not. Bring some Greater Nature Resistance Potion's and you'll be fine. The entire NR check is a myth from vanilla and I can speak from experience. I was even a Resto Druid back 10 years ago and I only had 2 pieces of NR gear. Those NR Pants from Armaments + Nightmare Dragon quest ring.

Huhuran is the only NR check to be completely honest and that's mostly for melee.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hammersplat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:14 am

I bet Keftenk is right but i guess it pays to be prepared. Don't want to gimp yourself too much though, if it's not necessary. Keftenk tell us more... Did you run out of mana much? did you have to change your healing style and spells? I want to keep using regrowth4/ht2
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 pm

Hammersplat wrote:I bet Keftenk is right but i guess it pays to be prepared. Don't want to gimp yourself too much though, if it's not necessary. Keftenk tell us more... Did you run out of mana much? did you have to change your healing style and spells? I want to keep using regrowth4/ht2

Good question and I'm not sure how it will change. 10 years ago everyone used Healing Touch so a Druid going OOM was a feat, but yea I'm Regrowth healing now and I'd like to continue to do so. It just might not be feasible anymore. I think it'll all depend on how long fights are.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Keftenk wrote:For Resto? Definitely not. Bring some Greater Nature Resistance Potion's and you'll be fine. The entire NR check is a myth from vanilla and I can speak from experience. I was even a Resto Druid back 10 years ago and I only had 2 pieces of NR gear. Those NR Pants from Armaments + Nightmare Dragon quest ring.

Huhuran is the only NR check to be completely honest and that's mostly for melee.

How are you going to do Viscidus without NR set? You can't rely on potions only in that fight:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=25991
(2) School Damage (Nature)
Value: 1313
Radius: 100 yards

That happens every 10 seconds. Greater Nature Protection potion will absorb 2 or 3 volleys and a Nature Protection potion - which is much much cheaper - will absorb 1 or 2 volleys.

Now even if you take no damage at all from the dot (unlikely), and even if you shell out for a Greater NR potions, your first will at best protect you from the first three volleys. You will then get hit for 11,817 damage until the cooldown is off and you can chug another one. Even if you chug one before the fight and wait for the cd to wear off and then instantly chug a second one as the first one is lost, you would have to take 7,878 nature damage before the cd wears off again. And this isn't just the tank being spam healed, this is each and every raid member since the range is 100 yards.

You're not building a NR set for all of AQ40 and sure, Huhuran can probably be dealt with smart positioning, good healing and a couple of NR potions (greater or normal) - but Viscidus absolutely requires everyone to have high enough NR to resist as much of that volley damage as they can.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Regardless, getting an NR set is good for the life of the raider. Greater NR pots are climbing in price rapidly. What are they, 4-5g each? So lets chug 2 of those per boss fight per week because you don't "need" NR gear.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by euronmisc » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Don't forget you can get double NR trinkets from mara since they are not unique.

There's also a cloak with 10NR from mara. Keep an eye out for NR rings and armor on the ah mostly.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:45 pm

Taladril wrote:Regardless, getting an NR set is good for the life of the raider. Greater NR pots are climbing in price rapidly. What are they, 4-5g each? So lets chug 2 of those per boss fight per week because you don't "need" NR gear.

Sure, I'm not going to say "Play this way, get this gear" but 4-5g is like 3 Lasher packs XD Having the NR gear should cut down on the need for consumables though, no doubt.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Druid