Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

Re: Complete Druid BiS List for Resto, Bear, and Cat

by Norjak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Taladril wrote:The stats are all found online from different sources. So at some point somone did the theory crafting.

What's the basis for ranking things & arriving at the dps values? I know you can provide that...
For example: 1 str = 2 ap, 1 agi = 1 ap + a tiny bit of crit, 1 ap = xx dps, 1 crit = xx dps, etc.
You should put this complete information on your spreadsheet so people don't have to guess.
Last edited by Norjak on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hammersplat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:30 pm

ahhh... is forest embrace the class quest that is not in the game yet?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Hammer, that's correct.
Norjak, as a general sense I understand how the numbers work but for definitively putting it in writing like that I am not certain enough. If you know or can find a source to break it down in that kind of detail I will document it.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Taladril wrote:Pads of the dread wolf are not on the list because the list doesn't extend far enough down. It is not high for cat or bear. See stats for details.

Again, there is insufficient information to determine how your spreadsheet works.
You need to explain the formulas used on your spreadsheet a bit more, or none of this makes any sense.
For example:
For Cat DPS, Swiftfoot Treads are 18 Agi (18 AP) and 5 Str (10 AP) for a total of 28 AP, but Pads of the Dread Wolf have 40 AP which is much more DPS, as far as I can tell. Yet you aren't even listing them.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by tunguska » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 am

Norjak wrote:
Taladril wrote:Pads of the dread wolf are not on the list because the list doesn't extend far enough down. It is not high for cat or bear. See stats for details.

Again, there is insufficient information to determine how your spreadsheet works.
You need to explain the formulas used on your spreadsheet a bit more, or none of this makes any sense.
For example:
For Cat DPS, Swiftfoot Treads are 18 Agi (18 AP) and 5 Str (10 AP) for a total of 28 AP, but Pads of the Dread Wolf have 40 AP which is much more DPS, as far as I can tell. Yet you aren't even listing them.

See, this is where things get more complicated. The total DPS is more than just your attack power/base damage. The swiftfoot treads for example give a total of 28AP and over 1% crit, which especially with the blood frenzy 2/2 talent is going to net more DPS than straight +40 AP.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Taladril » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:49 am

Exactly. 18 agility is 18 attack power and almost a full percent of crit (20 agi is one crit). 40 attack power may look good but it's actually very poor. With cat and how it works it is very easy to get much higher total dps out of items. Since strength is worth 2.4 attack power (with heart of the wild). That would mean a hypothetical boots with 17 strength would be better than pads of the dreadwolf.
Actually of all the stats that you are wondering about, the cat dps ones are the ones that I'm most sure of. It is very easy to calculate what is worth what when you take 1 attack power as being valued as 1.
There's a lot of dead links here but this has a lot of valuable information:
http://tangedyn.pbworks.com/w/page/1936 ... atDPSMaths
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lorilay » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:43 am

Is there theorycraft on whether it's more advantageous to prioritize hit to 8% or is it better to just stick to higher dps items?
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:01 am

Lorilay wrote:Is there theorycraft on whether it's more advantageous to prioritize hit to 8% or is it better to just stick to higher dps items?

As with all of the other dps classes hit is the most important stat to try to cap. It's very important even though the value of it in the calculations is lower than crit.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hammersplat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:19 am

well I'm almost lvl 54 now, and i bought the living shoulders and legs. Is the living chest the best thing to get until i m able to get robes of the exalted?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Yurf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Taladril wrote:
Lorilay wrote:Is there theorycraft on whether it's more advantageous to prioritize hit to 8% or is it better to just stick to higher dps items?

As with all of the other dps classes hit is the most important stat to try to cap. It's very important even though the value of it in the calculations is lower than crit.

But why? I've been thinking about this lately, and hit can't be worth more than crit. If you aren't hit capped, +1% crit changes 1 miss to a hit, adding 1 hits worth of dmg and 1 combo point. Adding +1% crit also adds N dmg (one attack goes from N dmg to 2*N dmg) and 1 combo point. The difference is that a miss would have refunded the energy. As long as you aren't at 100 energy and wasting it, that means you can just use that energy later. If you're in a situation where you have more energy than you can use (Vael, short fights you can powershift 100% of the time), then hit becomes as valuable as crit because there's now an opportunity cost to a miss.

That's how I've reasoned it to myself, but I'm curious for some feedback.
Yurf
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Druid