Theory on a new healing build for end game

Re: Theory on a new healing build for end game

by Stalk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Talzia wrote:it's my preference to have him on raid healing and we do underheal and frequently do not utilize the bugged BoL just due to comp or buff preferences - and we do not do things like stack multiple lights or anything.

Multiple BoL doesn't stack anymore. The problem is that the buff is giving the full amount of healing for every paladin heal instead of increasing the maximum range on the heals.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Stalk wrote:
Talzia wrote:it's my preference to have him on raid healing and we do underheal and frequently do not utilize the bugged BoL just due to comp or buff preferences - and we do not do things like stack multiple lights or anything.

Multiple BoL doesn't stack anymore. The problem is that the buff is giving the full amount of healing for every paladin heal instead of increasing the maximum range on the heals.

Are you sure that is incorrect? Maybe I'm understanding it wrong..
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blessing_ ... did=315933
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:33 pm

@Stalk: You said Swiftmend isn't prioritizing correctly on Nost.
Can you confirm this? I can't at the moment and I'm not going to respec out of PvP bear to test this. However, Swiftmend should be eating Rejuv unless the Regrowth counter is lower than the Rejuv. Can you test this?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Stalk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Keftenk wrote:@Stalk: You said Swiftmend isn't prioritizing correctly on Nost.
Can you confirm this? I can't at the moment and I'm not going to respec out of PvP bear to test this. However, Swiftmend should be eating Rejuv unless the Regrowth counter is lower than the Rejuv. Can you test this?

I have already tested it. The only time I can get it to eat Regrowth is if Rejuvenation is not on the target. It will always eat a fresh Rejuv even if there is only a few seconds left on Regrowth.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Talzia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Stalk wrote:

Thats nice to know, we heard it did but we would never utilize anything like this. I knew about the BoL as well.
Guildleader of Axiom
http://www.axiom-guild.com/
Talzia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Stalk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Keftenk wrote:Are you sure that is incorrect? Maybe I'm understanding it wrong..
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blessing_ ... did=315933

Yes, I'm quite sure that the wiki with that information is misleading. The text in the blessing even states "...up to..." which means it would increase the maximum range on the heal by a flat amount but not the minimum range also.

The second row has the same spell when casted on a target with blessing of light increasing this spell effect up to 115 (this means from zero to 115). So now a single Flash of light can heal from 343 to 498.

Source: http://paladin-guide.blogspot.com/

Based on the wording of the Blessing buff text, I would think the implementation would be common sense but as you already know some developers of software do not have common sense... as you could've seen with the release of Windows Vista.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:11 pm

Stalk wrote:
The second row has the same spell when casted on a target with blessing of light increasing this spell effect up to 115 (this means from zero to 115). So now a single Flash of light can heal from 343 to 498.

Source: http://paladin-guide.blogspot.com/

Based on the wording of the Blessing buff text, I would think the implementation would be common sense but as you already know some developers of software do not have common sense... as you could've seen with the release of Windows Vista.

Actually, I believe that linked guide is incorrect. Blizzard had the wording "up to xxxx" because it would depend on the type of spell you cast. 1.5sec flash of light would receive less bonus healing than a 2.5 second holy light, using the same mechanics as bonus healing from gear. They were essentially having the blessing act as if you were wearing +xxxx extra healing from gear when you cast those two spells.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:10 am

Lorilay wrote:Actually, I believe that linked guide is incorrect. Blizzard had the wording "up to xxxx" because it would depend on the type of spell you cast. 1.5sec flash of light would receive less bonus healing than a 2.5 second holy light, using the same mechanics as bonus healing from gear. They were essentially having the blessing act as if you were wearing +xxxx extra healing from gear when you cast those two spells.

As of 2.3, the ability to spam law ranks of Holy Light (usually around 4 or 5) to great effect using BoL and haste is no longer plausible because of the down-ranking penalty now imposed on BoL.

Source: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/16 ... in-thread/

If Blessing of Light was treated as +X or +Y bonus healing (modified by the cast time coefficient) on its respective spells then there would have been no need for a specific nerf to the ability in Patch 2.3.0 since downranking penalties were already introduced in Patch 2.0. It would be very ambiguous to state that a buff would increase the "effect of Flash of Light spells used on the target by up to 115" if they actually meant either a flat bonus of 115 or .429*115 extra healing for Flash of Light.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Charizard » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

With thea right gear to support it, the Vaelastraz spec is useful for e-peen enlargement and topping healing meters, but is fan from being effective. Even when downranked, regrowth is terribly mana inefficient and its HOT effect is negligible.
Charizard
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Druid