The Best Feral PvP Spec

The Best Feral PvP Spec

by Tacklinfuel » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:31 pm

I have been playing Feral Druid for a very long time and this here is the best spec I have used over the years. An experienced feral does not need NS or IS, Pounce, Rake, Rip and Moonfire are enough DoTs for plate and other situations.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLVhoZEMMscbdtV
Tacklinfuel
Tester

Re: The Best Feral PvP Spec

by Guirssane » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:07 am

Tacklinfuel wrote:I have been playing Feral Druid for a very long time and this here is the best spec I have used over the years. An experienced feral does not need NS or IS, Pounce, Rake, Rip and Moonfire are enough DoTs for plate and other situations.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLVhoZEMMscbdtV

yeah so?
people like to play hybrid aswell and ns is good, depends your playstyle
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Finalflash » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:19 am

>I have been playing Feral Druid for a very long time
>An experienced feral does not need NS or IS

nice meme bro
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tacklinfuel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

If you put yourself into a situation or allow an enemy or enemies to nuke you to the point of needing NS, then you are not playing feral correctly.
Tacklinfuel
Tester

by Guirssane » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Tacklinfuel wrote:If you put yourself into a situation or allow an enemy or enemies to nuke you to the point of needing NS, then you are not playing feral correctly.

you sound so condescending wow
I can just spec moonkin and spam moonfire you'll see if you don't need ns
same with good mage, sp or sham
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Stalk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:57 pm

It's the "I do damage like a rogue but a lot less" build for druids without all the usefulness that other druid talents provide.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by tunguska » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:33 pm

You know, to be honest, I find a full feral build like the OP's to be one of the most "hybrid" builds out there. As a druid with this spec i literally use cat form, bear form, and human forms in most fights. I find other "hybrid" specs allow you to heal better, but leave you limited to pretty much healing/moonfire/is/bear form.

I'd spec in improve shred. With decen gear you'll be critting clothies for ~1k, and with wolfshead helm working now along with 5/5 furor it's pretty damn potent (and very surprising to most people) when you drop them so quickly.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fainaru_Furasshu » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 am

tunguska wrote:With decen gear you'll be critting clothies for ~1k

Sure dmg is fine, but druids lacks cc to kill good players. In most cases we have to go caster form and heal which deep feral is shit for.
14/32/5 is a shit build that relies on facing shit players with shit gear.
Have fun vs skilled shamans/priests/mages/hunters/warlocks/druids.
Fainaru_Furasshu
Private
Private

by tunguska » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Fainaru_Furasshu wrote:
tunguska wrote:With decen gear you'll be critting clothies for ~1k

Sure dmg is fine, but druids lacks cc to kill good players. In most cases we have to go caster form and heal which deep feral is shit for.
14/32/5 is a shit build that relies on facing shit players with shit gear.
Have fun vs skilled shamans/priests/mages/hunters/warlocks/druids.

I respectfully disagree. You just have to better use what you have. For instance, warstomp > cat > shred, or bearform > bash > shred/shred.

Another tip, charge someone in bear, and WHILE the charge is ongoing (IE immediately after pressing the charge button) shift into caster > cat. The charge will continue despite the shifting, and if timed right you will effectively have the enemy locked into place and be in cat form when you reach them with 60/80 energy. It's not easy to do properly by any means, but when properly executed it's pretty devistating.

The ability to shift into cat and immediately shred is huge. Also, with woflshead helm + furor 5/5, a well timed shift can result in 80 energy which is huge.

Healing is not usually an issue, but it sure can be if you don't play the spec properly.

Not dissing a 01/29/21 spec or anything, because it's also a great spec. It just uses a different playstyle and gear setup.

IMO vanilla druids are awesome in general. No need to be a dick and say that full feral is a "shit spec", because it's not at all. I kill plenty of good mages/locks/hunters/druids/pallys/shamans. You just have to make sure you never get in an "oh shit" situation, and always think 2 steps ahead.

I'd say the hardest part about a full feral spec is getting shreds off, due to server delay/latency. A lot of times i'm clearly behind my target and shred will not go off.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Druid