0/20/31 Restoration Druid

0/20/31 Restoration Druid

by Nobbynobs » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Howdy, apologies to pester you with this relatively unimportant question. I keep hearing about a restoration druid build that will allow you to tank some 5-man instances, however I haven't been able to find anything about it. Could you link an would-be 0/20/31. I am taking a short break from the game, but I would like to try it on my druid once I come back!
To: Nobbynobs

kill yourself you pathetic shillloser, the world is better of without people like you
Nobbynobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 0/20/31 Restoration Druid

by Taladril » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:57 pm

It's actually the other way around. 0/30/21 is the hybrid build that grabs Heart of the Wild and Nature's Swiftness to allow for tanking or healing depending on what gear you have on. Swiftmend isn't critical to healing, and there's only a talent here or there that makes your heals better by going deeper resto.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:13 am

Worth a thought if you get a guild willing to let a druid go hybrid for trash and certain bosses dps support and decurse (due to larger mana pool) and main heal some bosses where you need the full amount of healers. Reason being is, if you need 10 healers for the hardest boss, you have to bring 10 healers even though all other encounters require only 8. for the rest of the raid, the 2 redundant ones could do off-dps instead of overheal.

I doubt the viability of it without BWL dps gear, all that tasty leather with str dropping
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Doofoos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:23 pm

1\19\31
Tanking every 5ppl instance + UBRS and healing raids.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nobbynobs » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Many thanks for the interest and your time. I am going with what Doofoos suggested.

Kind regards,
Nobby
To: Nobbynobs

kill yourself you pathetic shillloser, the world is better of without people like you
Nobbynobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Norjak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Doofoos wrote:1\19\31

You don't need Swiftmend to heal effectively, especially 5-man's. Also, Nature's Grasp is arguably worthless unless you do a lot of PvP/farming.
Might be better to dump those points into something else like Thick Hide or Imp MotW.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Doofoos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Norjak wrote:You don't need Swiftmend to heal effectively, especially 5-man's.

Mostly, i'm tanking 5ppls and healing raids, and in raids Swiftmend is very useful. It is more than just useful in PvP as well.
Norjak wrote:Also, Nature's Grasp is arguably worthless unless you do a lot of PvP/farming.

I can't count how many times Nature's Grasp saved my hairy ass :) Totally worth it.
Norjak wrote:Might be better to dump those points into something else like Thick Hide or Imp MotW.

I will never agree with this. If we are talking about Nature's Grasp and Swiftmend value - there is no more valuable talents in this spec, not by a chance.
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:58 am

1 point Nature's Grasp is only going to snare your pursuer 35% of the time, not worth it imo, but it depends on playstyle & how much you want to be an effective tank or healer.
If Swiftmend works for you, great - I use a Moonglow spec for raid healing so I never use it.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Doofoos » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 am

Norjak wrote:If Swiftmend works for you, great - I use a Moonglow spec for raid healing so I never use it.

I will try to use Moonglow in BWL ;)
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Doofoos wrote:1\19\31

Not having 5 points in Thick Hide is a joke. This is one of the most important tanking talents you can get. Armor is our most important stat.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Druid