Leveling resto

Leveling resto

by Acousticferret » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm

So I'm making a rest druid for my 2nd to on here and was wondering how you other restos leveled up. Did you spec resto 10-60 and just kill things slowly but yet never die? Or did you spec as balance and still heal dungeons just not as effectively (sp).
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Leveling resto

by Guirssane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Acousticferret wrote:So I'm making a rest druid for my 2nd to on here and was wondering how you other restos leveled up. Did you spec resto 10-60 and just kill things slowly but yet never die? Or did you spec as balance and still heal dungeons just not as effectively (sp).

please don't level as resto or you won't be level 60 in 2017, just an advice of course
just spec feral and easy level up
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by euronmisc » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Took me about 21 days played.

To be fair I really wasn't in a hurry and did a lot of dumb stuff like professions and other shenanigans along the way. If you just level you can get it in 14days or so pretty easily.

It's not a lot of fun though, as you really won't be able to kill anything without healing all the time. You're better off doing dungeons and making sure you do all the quests in them.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ElGran » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Why not just spec feral and still heal dungeons?
ElGran
Sergeant
Sergeant

by varjopuoli » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

if your going to be resto in 60's then my advice is you level up with balance/resto hybrid, because you focus only int/spirit gear then, so its also easier you to heal in groups too, and have already restogear when ding 60. Theres internet full of somekind builds. You can always buildyour own build too, that suits your style. You dont need to be top1 player in world.

heres talent calculator
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0
varjopuoli
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Doofoos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:14 pm

oh gawd why a lot of ppls are trying to make their lives more complicated?
you dont have to be resto\prot\holy to efficiently tank\heal 12-52 lvl 5ppl dungeons as a druid\warrior\paladin\priest
5ppls doesnt have a superhardmode, they can be easily healed by any healer with int gear
so just stick to dd spec, dont sell\disenchant int-sta-spi items while you leveling. and keep them as a healing gear
Last edited by Doofoos on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jackace » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Agree, just keep two sets of gear, healing with a good group shouldn't be difficult with some solid int/spirit gear.
Jackace
Tester

by GnOp » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Btw, if you want to lvl up with a caster/healer spec, do it at lvl 45. You'll need moonglow and reflexion to be confortable :
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0x0xhMxcZZVxc

Focus on int / spi / stam gear.
GnOp
Private
Private

by Sardonic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm

I followed some (poor) advice on this board and leveled resto. It sucked and was not necessary. It took me about 10-12 days played. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if you have a partner and will be grouped for the majority of the time, but that would be about it.
Sardonic
Tester

Return to Druid