Balance Druids Relevant in raiding?

Balance Druids Relevant in raiding?

by Kuliu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Are Balance Druids any good for raiding or do they just get stomped out by the other clothie classes?
Last edited by Kuliu on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuliu
Private
Private

Re: Balance Druids Relevant in raiding?

by Vorfidus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Inferior? Sit down, shut up, and be my heal bitch.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kuliu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Vorfidus wrote:Inferior? Sit down, shut up, and be my heal bitch.

I used the wrong word lol. Thats not what i meant at all :D
Kuliu
Private
Private

by Druzzil » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Kuliu wrote:Are Balance Druids any good for raiding or do they just get stomped out by the other clothie classes?

They get stomped in terms of DPS, yes. Utility? Absolutely not.

They are arguably one of the best utility classes in the game. BREZ, Innervate, MoTW, etc...

Boomkin is especially nice for your caster groups due to the 5% spell crit. However, like Enhancement Shaman's, you will only ever bring 1 Boomkin to a raid. At least when it comes to Naxx, and even ZG to a lesser extent, where you want to min/max your DPS.

Plus Druid healing is fun so if there is already one in your raid group you can at least still dance around as a tree.
Server first Industrial Shaman.
Druzzil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kuliu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Druzzil wrote:
Kuliu wrote:Are Balance Druids any good for raiding or do they just get stomped out by the other clothie classes?

They get stomped in terms of DPS, yes. Utility? Absolutely not.

They are arguably one of the best utility classes in the game. BREZ, Innervate, MoTW, etc...

Boomkin is especially nice for your caster groups due to the 5% spell crit. However, like Enhancement Shaman's, you will only ever bring 1 Boomkin to a raid. At least when it comes to Naxx, and even ZG to a lesser extent, where you want to min/max your DPS.

Plus Druid healing is fun so if there is already one in your raid group you can at least still dance around as a tree.

That seems to answer my question. Thanks.
Kuliu
Private
Private

by Azi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Actually any decent guild won't ever bring any boomkin/enh shaman to any raid except for maybe ZG or AQ20 where nobody cares about anything.
Azi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vorfidus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Basically, balance druids are like shadow priests. You only ever bring one for raid utility, any more and you're gimping yourself.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:19 pm

No, Balance really isn't relevant in raiding. You'll be laughed at and told to stop joking around and heal. You won't do nearly as much DPS as a mage or warlock, and you'll OOM pretty quickly due to having no mana restoration outside of potions/runes.

At most, you'll be brought to a raid to buff 3% crit on the real caster DPS, like others said.

Druzzil wrote:Boomkin is especially nice for your caster groups due to the 5% spell crit

It's only 3% in vanilla.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:26 pm

I've heard that in AQ/Naxx, with the right spec & farming flask+conumables it CAN be viable if someone is motivated enough to want to make it work - BUT it's not easy. You will have a tough time convincing someone to give you a raid spot. Not sure about BWL...
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/81946-moonkin-naxx-raider-1115-amalogsetc/
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Polio » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Generally raids don't bring Moonkin Druids until AQ40 when fire spec is viable for Mages. The DPS from 4 mages having an extra 3% crit chance for rolling ignites makes up for the loss of a strong DPS class. Just expect for there to be only 1 or 2 slots for Moonkin and to be on tthe bottom of the loot priority list.
This is my avatar until the feature is enabled.

Nostalrius Characters:
Polio: Gnome Mage <Theorycraft>

Feenix Warsong Characters:
Bloodraven: Gnome Mage <Resurrection Gaming> C'Thun Server First
Polio
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Druid