Realistically, will I be able to raid as Feral?

Re: Realistically, will I be able to raid as Feral?

by Charizard » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Cats scale incredibly well with gear. Unfortunately their base damage is so horrendously low they'll never catch up.

You CAN raid as a cat, but it will be far from optimal. It's still great fun though.
Charizard
Grunt
Grunt

by tunguska » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Weapon damage enchants, weight stones, and powershifting (wolfshead helm + furor 5/5) and you can do pretty damn well.

Have not had the chance to raid here, but I know with basic gear I was top 4 damage on Vaelstraz pretty much every time, and other than that would be consistant top 10. Not completely horrible by any means, considering I was also a very capable tank and also freed up another one of our warriors to spec fury in AQ40, which is significant DPS as well.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 pm

tunguska wrote:Weapon damage enchants, weight stones, and powershifting (wolfshead helm + furor 5/5) and you can do pretty damn well.

Have not had the chance to raid here, but I know with basic gear I was top 4 damage on Vaelstraz pretty much every time, and other than that would be consistant top 10. Not completely horrible by any means, considering I was also a very capable tank and also freed up another one of our warriors to spec fury in AQ40, which is significant DPS as well.

Currently the top dpsing druid on the server is hitting the #20-25 mark compared to other dps in tryhard raids. You would need to do 50% more dps to hit #10, but maybe you are just that much better at playing a druid.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Charizard » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:22 am

Lorilay wrote:
tunguska wrote:Weapon damage enchants, weight stones, and powershifting (wolfshead helm + furor 5/5) and you can do pretty damn well.

Currently the top dpsing druid on the server is hitting the #20-25 mark compared to other dps in tryhard raids. You would need to do 50% more dps to hit #10, but maybe you are just that much better at playing a druid.

well no shit mc (and even bwl) level feral itemization is god awful
Charizard
Grunt
Grunt

by Lorilay » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:37 am

Charizard wrote:well no shit mc (and even bwl) level feral itemization is god awful

tunguska wrote:but I know with basic gear I was top 4 damage on Vaelstraz pretty much every time, and other than that would be consistant top 10.

Emphasis mine.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by tunguska » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Lorilay wrote:
Charizard wrote:well no shit mc (and even bwl) level feral itemization is god awful

tunguska wrote:but I know with basic gear I was top 4 damage on Vaelstraz pretty much every time, and other than that would be consistant top 10.

Emphasis mine.

Well, yeah, I suppose basic gear is the wrong term. I had most of the good feral BWL pieces and a few AQ items at the time. It was far from BIS however.

It was also on another "shall not be named" server, try-harding with buff stacking and power shifting.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Druid