Movement speed while Prowling

Re: Movement speed while Prowling

by Lorilay » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 pm

tunguska wrote:
Lorilay wrote:That's not how movement bonuses stack.

Are you saying that feline swiftness, which gives a passive 30% movement speed to cat, would directly stack with dash (+60%)? that would put you at 90% speed, and dash, even with feline swiftness, only gives 60% as far as I can tell.

Please do enlighten us.

This is also incorrect. Movement speed modifications are multiplicative, so if you have feline swiftness (1.3x bonus) and dash (1.6x bonus), you get a total movement speed of 1.3 x 1.6 = 2.08 (108% speed bonus). This is why you can travel form barely faster than a poverty mount with the pvp bonus and movement speed enchant.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:39 am

Lorilay wrote:Movement speed modifications are multiplicative

Only a few of the movement speed bonuses are working correctly in this regard for this server. When it comes to temporary movement speed buffs, the server seems to be in error. I tested some of the temporary movement speed effects with the thought that they would stack with dash or even some speed effects from equipped items but the fastest speed I could run was at Dash speed.

it's possible to apply multiple speed-increasing effects, of course, but each one is subject to the global cooldown, so it would only be possible to activate a certain number of them before the first ones wore off.

Source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Speed?oldid=103454
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by tunguska » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:18 am

Lorilay wrote:This is also incorrect. Movement speed modifications are multiplicative, so if you have feline swiftness (1.3x bonus) and dash (1.6x bonus), you get a total movement speed of 1.3 x 1.6 = 2.08 (108% speed bonus). This is why you can travel form barely faster than a poverty mount with the pvp bonus and movement speed enchant.

This is great in theory, but not how it works. With feline swiftness (+30%) and dash (+60%) I'm only doing the speed of your standard mount (60%), and not slightly faster than an epic mount like you stated.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Druid