Druids in PvP

Re: Druids in PvP

by Zor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:44 am

Yurf wrote:Those videos are very misleading. The first cherrypicks ravage crits, especially against clothies with no stam. The second shows the druid in favorable matchups (warr/rogue) or against total morons (druids who get mauled in caster, locks who can't fear). Tellingly, I don't think there's a single fight with an even halfway competent healer.

Against equivalently geared and skilled pvp'ers, druids will never be dps monsters like those videos would make you think. That's not to say I don't love playing feral, but our value lies in our utility and survivability. In most 1v1 fights, you're going to win by outlasting the other class, not by out-bursting them.

pretty much this.
Zor
Private
Private

by Finalflash » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:41 am

Yurf wrote:Against equivalently geared and skilled pvp'ers, druids will never be dps monsters like those videos would make you think. That's not to say I don't love playing feral, but our value lies in our utility and survivability. In most 1v1 fights, you're going to win by outlasting the other class, not by out-bursting them.

It depends entirely on spec and gear, you can be a dps monster in pvp if you want. Just gotta git gud bro :!:
Check my swaggy burst --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc
I even had 4x resto pieces when i did this + rank 10 gear, so quit whining like a little bitch n step up or gtfo mufaka!
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Finalflash » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:43 am

Zor wrote:Watch Azgaz's "nerf druids" series. Tho its not as advanced as current feral gameplay (since it was actually during vanilla) it's pretty much like druid 101.

lmao, Azgaz is complete garbage with a shit spec.
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Finalflash wrote:
Zor wrote:Watch Azgaz's "nerf druids" series. Tho its not as advanced as current feral gameplay (since it was actually during vanilla) it's pretty much like druid 101.

lmao, Azgaz is complete garbage with a shit spec.

It can be considered insufficient in todays standards, nevertheless my point is that its a good series to refer to while showing the ropes to fresh druids, which is kinda the point of the whole thread.
Zor
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Druid