Blue Dragon Theory Craft

Re: Blue Dragon Theory Craft

by Doofoos » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:05 am

I think it does proc on casts like Rejuvenation and Renew, but with at least one condition - target must have not full hp.
I cant prove it yet, but i've noticed procs several times when i just spamming reju and nothing more on raid.
So actually it might proc on first TICK, instead of initial cast, for some reasons ... for preventing r1 spam on full health targets with intention to proc the trinket to often :?
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 pm

It is meant only to proc on casting of spells that incur the GCD of the trinket's wearer. Heals from buffs should not trigger the trinket's ability. Additionally, Heal-over-time buffs should still heal the target when they are at full health (this server just has some bug that prevents this overheal event from occuring).
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ölbröd » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Doofoos wrote:I think it does proc on casts like Rejuvenation and Renew, but with at least one condition - target must have not full hp.
I cant prove it yet, but i've noticed procs several times when i just spamming reju and nothing more on raid.
So actually it might proc on first TICK, instead of initial cast, for some reasons ... for preventing r1 spam on full health targets with intention to proc the trinket to often :?

how do you explain it not proccing off dots, then?

edit: also i just spammed renew r1 on a life tapping warlock = nothing
before i spammed lesser heal r1 on myself at full health = proc

it's about the instants.
Ölbröd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DrunkMonkk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Can someone please explain the 5SR?

Also, how do we determine how many ticks of out of combat mana regen we get during the 15 sec proc? Is it every 2sec so 7.5 ticks?

The debate appears solved here (Druids)given 2% chance to proc:

Lets say spam of Heal Rank 2, 2.5s cast.
100 heals will occur in 250 seconds.
It has a 2% proc rate, so in 250s it will proc 2 times.
1 proc will give you 100% regen rate inside 5 seconds rule.
Lets say you regen in5sr is X and out5sr is Y
The real gain will be Y-X
so you will get Y-X and will multiply for 7.5s (15s = 7.5 ticks)
Example
in5sr tick 50
out5sr tick 100
100-50 = 50
50*7.5 = 375mana per proc
it has a 2 procs every 250s spaming heal rank2.
or 375*2=750 mana in 250s or 4min and 10seconds.
shard of scale gives you 16mp5s, or 16/5=3.2 mp1s or 16/5*2=6.4mana per tick
in the 250s, the shard of onyxia would give you 250*3.2 = 800 mana.
mindtap talisman = 11mp5s = 2.2mp1s = 550mp250s

for a 250s time:
darkmoon card: blue dragon = 750 mana (with in5sr tick 50 and out5sr tick 100)
shard of scale = 800 mana
mindtap talisman = 550

In practice, I would expect the margin to be even greater. I'd be suprised if we're constantly casting for every boss and fights that require longer cast times would make shard even more beneficial.

Even at 14mp5 you're no one will come close to 100 casts in 250 seconds while efficiently healing will they? The more I think about it the more I believe using Shard for the passive regen is significantly better and the more I believe blue dragon is overrated.
Last edited by DrunkMonkk on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DrunkMonkk
Private
Private

by varth » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:22 pm

I can confirm that it doesn't work on renew or shield, and it's bugged on holy nova. It has a chance to proc per mob hit with holy nova, when we did suppression room on Wednesday we had it proc almost every time we holy novad the whelps
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Druid