Best Gearing Options

Best Gearing Options

by Catpants » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello all,

My druid is slowly edging towards level 60 now and I'm wondering what my best options are for gearing up.

I've leveled as Feral, as with most sane people, and will soon be looking to gear for pre-raid. My question is whether or not I'm going to find a group as feral, and if not will I find a group as resto?

I've typically lent towards playing the healer so I would be more then happy to do dungeons as a non-DPS however as my only res has a fairly long cool down will I be less desirable than a priest to the point where nobody wants me?
Lets say people do want me, how hard will it be for me to swap my gear out to a healer set to actually be able to do dungeons?

Alternatively, do people actually want Feral druids? From what I can see on the forums it seems not really.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Catpants.
Catpants
Tester

Re: Best Gearing Options

by Lorilay » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Either way, get healing gear. I tanked for all of my healing gear (1/29/21 spec), and would tell healers I was going to roll on gear when they joined my group. There's more healers around than tanks, so it's not too hard to find one willing to give up a sure thing on healing loot. The tricky part is getting good enough tank gear to not be a terrible tank, because no one likes to heal your fresh 60 all greens of the monkey tank in Scholo.

I'd suggest starting off tanking BRD to get the legs and some decent starter tank gear, and (if you're tryhard enough) level enchanting for the tank trinket. Be sure to pick up the crafted tank gear and you should be fine tanking all the dungeons. If you're serious about tanking, you might as well run LBRS to get the tank gloves of the monkey, which is a nice (and godawful long) intermediate step between BRD and 60 dungeons. You can also pick up your UBRS quest there for the tank trinket.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid