Any point in continuing with Druid?

Any point in continuing with Druid?

by Mightywolve » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:23 am

Hello!

So I just started my druid, but the only thing I hear from people that druid is only good for healing for the end-game. Now I don't mind healing alot, but the main reason I made this druid was for dps/tank ability. But the dilemma now is, if other people only see me as healer there is no way for me to the fulfill the role of an dps/tank.

Really doubting now if I should continue or not..

Any advice/tips are very welcome!! :)
Mightywolve
Tester

Re: Any point in continuing with Druid?

by Doofoos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:46 am

Eh, million threads about this is not enough, so hello, there is one more :)
Yes you can be a dps\offtank in high-end content, it depends only on your gear\skill\eagerness to play this way.
If you are ready to push it for 110% of dedication, invest a lot of money in to consumables - you can do this.
This is a 7-8k population server, if you are dedicated enough - you can find a guild for yourself. You wont be in top of dps list, but you wont be lowest as well. Same for tanking - you wont be as good as a prot warrior, but you will be able to tank some encounters and trash packs very well.
It is only a matter of dedication, so real question is - are you ready for this? Is that really what you want for? If yes - keep leveling.
PS In my opinion, ally cats are better for dps, because they can benefit from paladins ap blessing, while horde cats can't benefit from wf.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Any point in continuing with Druid?

by showtime » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:37 am

Doofoos wrote:Eh, million threads about this is not enough, so hello, there is one more :)
Yes you can be a dps\offtank in high-end content, it depends only on your gear\skill\eagerness to play this way.
If you are ready to push it for 110% of dedication, invest a lot of money in to consumables - you can do this.
This is a 7-8k population server, if you are dedicated enough - you can find a guild for yourself. You wont be in top of dps list, but you wont be lowest as well. Same for tanking - you wont be as good as a prot warrior, but you will be able to tank some encounters and trash packs very well.
It is only a matter of dedication, so real question is - are you ready for this? Is that really what you want for? If yes - keep leveling.
PS In my opinion, ally cats are better for dps, because they can benefit from paladins ap blessing, while horde cats can't benefit from wf.

not an opinion its a fact. might and kings

i wouldnt even bother raiding feral though as ull never be able to use ur debuffs since bosses have a low limit
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Druid