Just how bad is feral dps(raids)

Re: Just how bad is feral dps(raids)

by Grayclaw » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Appreciate the call out, Lorilay! :D

In MC, I am usually always offtanking on Garr, Sulf, and Domo. I actually offtank even more in BWL, particularly on almost all trash pulls and on Broodlord (bear armor helps a ton with the MS) and even on Nef (to help with tanking on P1 and with constructs). I don't do any dps on Razorgore either b/c our guild uses druids to sleep dragons the entirety of phase one, so I wear MP5 gear that fight. These are the reasons why when you look at the average dps over the course of a full raid, I'll never come close to top pure dps classes. However, this could also be seen as an argument for the versatility a good feral druid can bring to a raid.

You can see all of my top DPS performances here: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/BossL ... r=Grayclaw

I'm still trying to get comfortable with all of the BWL fights (never raided BWL in retail :p), so I anticipate my dps numbers going up significantly once I get into a better flow on these fights.

Ultimately, I think feral druids get a bad rep b/c it is an extremely high skill cap spec to play. Nailing those powershift timings is very difficult, but it is a thing of beauty when you hit them all perfectly. Also, if you are a feral druid dpsing and you aren't using Wolfshead Helm, you are doing it wrong!
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by TheNIF » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Lorilay wrote:Well, the numbers for druids I linked were from Grayclaw's runs with Axiom, and a closer look at those raids show that he doesn't do much offtanking at all in them. Since Grayclaw is consistently the highest dpsing druid on Nost, let's look in more detail. Flamegor is a good fight to look at DPS on, because it has simple mechanics and your DPS just sit there and, well, DPS. http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 24&Fight=6

Or take a look at Magmadar for a shorter one-tank fight: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... t=19232001

300-500 dps is definitely respectable as a druid, though, but it doesn't approach rogues and never will.

What do you mean by "rogues" and "never approach"? On the Magmadar fight he's right below them, so he has in fact "approached" them. On flamegor only 2 rogues are above him, he's beating the rest. Middle of the stack means being better dps than half the other dps classes in the raid. If you aren't viable as middle of the stack, why is anyone else below you?
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:05 pm

TheNIF wrote:
Lorilay wrote:Well, the numbers for druids I linked were from Grayclaw's runs with Axiom, and a closer look at those raids show that he doesn't do much offtanking at all in them. Since Grayclaw is consistently the highest dpsing druid on Nost, let's look in more detail. Flamegor is a good fight to look at DPS on, because it has simple mechanics and your DPS just sit there and, well, DPS. http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 24&Fight=6

Or take a look at Magmadar for a shorter one-tank fight: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... t=19232001

300-500 dps is definitely respectable as a druid, though, but it doesn't approach rogues and never will.

What do you mean by "rogues" and "never approach"? On the Magmadar fight he's right below them, so he has in fact "approached" them. On flamegor only 2 rogues are above him, he's beating the rest. Middle of the stack means being better dps than half the other dps classes in the raid. If you aren't viable as middle of the stack, why is anyone else below you?

I'm talking about the top overall dps for the boss, not the top dps in whatever raid you happen to be in. I mean, you could theoretically be resto spec and moonfire spam to #1 dps if everyone else was terrible, but I wouldn't use that as evidence that you're doing good dps. http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... &realm=NRB
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syrma » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 am

Hi.

I have been reading through this topic (and others) last week and I just had to try a cat in a raid. I have never played a melee DPS in a raid, so the mechanics of some tactics were a bit "new" to me, cuz I have always played a resto druid or a mage. I play on Kronos (hope this will not start some petty flamewar) and I play in a casual cz/sk guild <Bohemia>. I do not have nearly as good gear as I would want to (I had only couple of days before last night's raid to farm some items, so there is still a lot of room for progress in that regard). But as you can see on our "all time" highest dps performances - http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/BossList.aspx?realm=KRO&Guild=Bohemia (I'm uploading raidstats only for 3 weeks or so, but our people's DPS is increasing every raid cuz of better gear, consumables and overall improvement in tactics execution), I am not trailing that much behind other raw DPS classes. I really fell in love with powershifting. I know it might be because we are a casual guild, or maybe others do not have equip, but I am satisfied with my performance in the raid last night.

I have one question for Grayclaw maybe or other feral druids here...Is it worth getting 6/8 Shadowcraft? I have been wanting to try it out, but I kind of think that powershifting with Wolfshead makes up for that set bonus and I don't have to lose all of those precious stats on my equip.
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Lorilay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Syrma wrote:Is it worth getting 6/8 Shadowcraft?

The proc rate isn't high enough to justify losing a ton of stats (especially hit) in 6 pieces of Shadowcraft.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syrma » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Lorilay wrote:

The proc rate isn't high enough to justify losing a ton of stats (especially hit) in 6 pieces of Shadowcraft.

Thats what I was thinking myself, though for rogues 4/8 set from D2 set is pretty op right? At least so Ive heard...
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Lorilay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Syrma wrote:
Lorilay wrote:

Thats what I was thinking myself, though for rogues 4/8 set from D2 set is pretty op right? At least so Ive heard...

It was released with Naxx and the overall buffs to dungeon gear, so I wouldn't consider it overpowered. I think it was an improvement to rogue pre-raid, though. I don't see how that matters to a druid, though, since you can't do the quests for the rogue set.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syrma » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Well, on Kronos the D2 sets are already out, so rogues are going for it...It's not really important to a druid, since we have already sorted out that the stat loss is not worth the 6/8 set bonus, furor + wolshead helm pretty much make up for it.
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Viorus » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:13 am

You bring 3% crit to all melee dps in addition to your own.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brye » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 pm

The dream?
Brye
Private
Private

Previous