Hand of Justice, Maelstrom value

Hand of Justice, Maelstrom value

by Syrma » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Hello. I currently posses Blackhand's Breadth and Hand of Justice. I have heard great things about Maelstrom and I will probably make a run for it soon.

If we use this stats table
1agi=2.1
1str=2.4
1hit=15
1ap=1
1crit=22
1dmg=14

What is the total value of Hand of Justice and Maelstrom? My math skills are not as good to be theorycrafting this deep. So if somebody knows or wants to discuss this matter, please do :) Thx
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Hand of Justice, Maelstrom value

by Syrma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:13 am

Looks like nobody really knows the math behind this...but is it safe to say that (unless the target has high nature resistance) Maelstrom > Blackhand's Breadth > Hand of Justice??
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:41 am

Blackhand Breadth is 44
Hand of Justice is 20

Maelstorm should be anywhere form 1-3.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Syrma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Keftenk wrote:Blackhand Breadth is 44
Hand of Justice is 20

This is helpful. Kappa

Anybody else, guys?
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Stalk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Syrma wrote:Looks like nobody really knows the math behind this...but is it safe to say that (unless the target has high nature resistance) Maelstrom > Blackhand's Breadth > Hand of Justice??

Plenty of people can understand how useful the trinkets COULD be but since they do not work with special attacks on this server NO ONE cares.

Also, the Maelstrom trinket has less than a 2% chance to proc on this server which is completely wrong. The proc rate was much higher in vanilla times.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Hmmm, so it's at the 1.5%? I figured since WoWiki was reporting that back in vanilla it was right. Shame on me. Was it a PPM during vanilla?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Stalk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:11 am

Keftenk wrote:Hmmm, so it's at the 1.5%? I figured since WoWiki was reporting that back in vanilla it was right. Shame on me. Was it a PPM during vanilla?

It should be PPM. Static proc rates in Spell.dbc can only be integer values. Some players have reported it near 1% to 1.5% on this server with normal melee.

Check out the comments on Allakhazam: http://web.archive.org/web/200602211803 ... item=19289

"Tested the proc rate with 3520 hits/crits:
was exactly 2,5% of chance on hit with draconic maul (3,5 speed)"

Got it on the 10th, using an OEB with sword spec maxed and a hand of justice, it has about a 10% proc rate.

The procrate depends on the weapon speed. With a 2,7 speed sword it procs about once in 20 hits.
With a 1.8 speed dagger it procs about once in 30 hits.

Also, this one: http://forum.theincrediblesguild.com/sh ... -Maelstrom

It proc'd 77 times in 1500 swings yielding a 5.1% proc rate with a 2.8 speed weapon.

I was able to do some more tests with a 1H mace with a speed of 2.0. With this mace the card proc'd 35 times out of 1310 swings, yielding a 2.6% proc rate.

It's quite difficult to pinpoint an exact number but 1.5% is exceedingly low. Most sources agree that the proc will average as 3% of the output dps of the player so if it is not meeting that standard then it should be revisited.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheNIF » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 am

Keftenk wrote:Blackhand Breadth is 44
Hand of Justice is 20

Hand of Justice is more than 20, you're not counting in the proc you're only going by the attackpower there. It's basically 2% chance of getting an extra white hit. I don't think it has any internal cooldown(I've seen it proc on two consecutive white hits) besides it not being able to proc off it's own generated extra attack(so you can't theoretically 1-shot someone).
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ogretown » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Bump - since this post has anyone confirmed if DC:M is working properly? I thought this was a solid DPS trinket in vanilla, but this post makes me think it's not worth the money for feral druids.
ogretown
Tester

by Undertanker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am

PPM was not a thing in Vanilla. Procs could proc off themselves, these were all static based %, so the more special abilities you did gave you more procs.

Later expansions built in internal cooldowns on proc items to prevent the OPness that stacking chance on hit gear allowed you to do in Vanilla days. Internal cooldowns limit the amount a trinket or enchant could proc, regardless of weapon speed, or the amount of special abilities used in a given minute. It may have a 3% proc, but the game wouldn't allow it to proc again until after 30 sec, or 45 sec, so on.

The only limited proc item in Vanilla days was crusader enchant, and it wasn't long. It was implemented to help avoid stacking of crusader.

HoJ, as a cat, isn't nearly as good as it is for a warrior or rogue with a slow 2.6+ delay main hand. As you hit every 1 second white hit, the base damage is much lower than a white hit would be for the other melee classes, reducing the trinket effectiveness.

Maelstrom does feel weak compared to 2005 on this server, but with my example provided on HoJ, they may be closer in terms of damage than people give credit for. Remember that druids have built in spell crit chance which would allow the trinket a small chance to crit as well, more so if you have Onxyia head buff.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Druid