Resto Druid Tips?

Re: Resto Druid Tips?

by Hammersplat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 am

Syrma wrote:
- I play on Kronos, so I was unaware of the fact, that DOTs does not overheal at Nostalrius, so the overheal might not be that big with spamming 1.3s Regrowth. Unfortunately that does not make it efficient.

no wonder my overhealing is s low... was wondering :)
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Doofoos » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 am

Hammersplat wrote:I like this quote, my druid just got to lvl 60 and I'm not gonna stand around doing HT4 and innervating priests. I love the fights where everyone takes damage and i get to rejuv spam. Will give downranked regrowth a go this week.

Hot's path is not a good idea for fresh leveled druid! It does require a special build and special gear ;)
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syrma » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 am

Hammersplat wrote:I noticed my healing was better in a pug MC because there was more ppl to heal than in my guild run.

That's what Taladril explained. The "best" healers according to stats are actually not from the best guilds. That is kinda the same with your healing being "better" in PUGs, where people receive tons of damage due to having worse gear, not knowing tactics that well, not using consumables etc.

Doofoos wrote:
Hammersplat wrote:I like this quote, my druid just got to lvl 60 and I'm not gonna stand around doing HT4 and innervating priests. I love the fights where everyone takes damage and i get to rejuv spam. Will give downranked regrowth a go this week.

Hot's path is not a good idea for fresh leveled druid! It does require a special build and special gear ;)

You see my point now? :D Your build is very specific and requires advanced gear. People might get the wrong idea, if they don't see the whole picture, that's what I meant by your regrowth advices might not be very useful for people seeking for "how to play a resto druid on vanilla?" :)
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Hammersplat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Doofoos wrote:Well, because im using Regrowth rank 3 with 5 pieces of t2 and 21/0/30 build (5t2+nature's grace+improved regrowth=1.3 sec cast) 90% of the times on MC and BWL trash, and im one of the most effective healers in our guild :) For boss fights, obviously, im using Healing Touch.

Hmmm, so how often is natures grace happening? i like my swiftmend, cause my gear is crap right now. But i have 2 pieces of T2 and just got ony attuned... I could probably have 5 pieces soon.
I'll try any thing once.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syrma » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Hammersplat wrote:
Doofoos wrote:Well, because im using Regrowth rank 3 with 5 pieces of t2 and 21/0/30 build (5t2+nature's grace+improved regrowth=1.3 sec cast) 90% of the times on MC and BWL trash, and im one of the most effective healers in our guild :) For boss fights, obviously, im using Healing Touch.

Hmmm, so how often is natures grace happening? i like my swiftmend, cause my gear is crap right now. But i have 2 pieces of T2 and just got ony attuned... I could probably have 5 pieces soon.
I'll try any thing once.

I'd say for like 60%-65% of the time, considering you go for a build similar to this one - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zTxIM0oZZxtcoxVV

Depends on your gear.
Syrma
Grunt
Grunt

by Doofoos » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Hammersplat wrote:Hmmm, so how often is natures grace happening? i like my swiftmend, cause my gear is crap right now. But i have 2 pieces of T2 and just got ony attuned.

2 pieces of t2 on a fresh 60 leveled druid without Ony attune? not bad :)
Im using this build, so 50% crit from talents + ~8% crit from gear +10% crit from Ony head buff = ~68% crit
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hammersplat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:36 am

i took a look, and i now have +420 healing and a bit more intellect than last week.
So Rejuv is 335mana 1289 healing and instant cast
healing Touch 4 is 166 mana 900 heal 2.5 seconds
Regrowth 350 mana 1100-1350 healing and 2 seconds to cast

So for this regrowth idea i need 5 pieces of T2 and how much +healing?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Doofoos » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:56 am

Hammersplat wrote:So for this regrowth idea i need 5 pieces of T2 and how much +healing?

I have around 700, i think you can start throwing regrowths with 550-600 healing, even without 5t2 pieces. It can be really helpful on BWL trash after Broodlord.
Just try it and see for yourself if you can sustain regro spam for 70-80% of a fight or not. If you are richy rich you can drink superior manapots every trash pack :D They are not so expensive, but fun might be worth it.
Right now im planning to gather 8\8 t2 (only shoulders and bracers left) and try some downranking Reju build. I realize that i will lose a lot of +healing with full t2 compared to other bis-items, but i'am ready for the purposes of this experiment. Who knows, maybe i will discover one more "fun" build for a druid :)
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hammersplat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:18 am

Doofoos wrote:
Hammersplat wrote:If you are richy rich you can drink superior manapots every trash pack :D They are not so expensive, but fun might be worth it.

Right now im planning to gather 8\8 t2 (only shoulders and bracers left) and try some downranking Reju build. I realize that i will lose a lot of +healing with full t2 compared to other bis-items, but i'am ready for the purposes of this experiment. Who knows, maybe i will discover one more "fun" build for a druid :)

Well :D last week i had a flask, major mana, superior mana and dark runes. I had 2 diff rank rejuvs going but it wasn't as spectacular as i had hoped. At times there was no one to heal. I was on an under geared druid in an established raid full of pretty good healers.

What you are planning is the kind of think i'd like to do. You'll have a lot more intellect in T2 than the bis so I think you will be able to rejuv non stop hopefully when you find the right rank. Let us know how this experiment goes :D
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lorilay » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Uh, you can't put two different rank rejuvenations on someone. You will get an error that "a more powerful spell is active."
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Druid