Resto Druid Tips?

Re: Resto Druid Tips?

by rummi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Assuming doofos build and the 5 t2 bonus the average HPS of regrowth r3 is about 390 not including hots ( and at 633 +heal). The average HPS of Ht r3 is about 415 so if you add hots it might well be just as good or better. The selling point is that the average cast time of regrowth r3 is 1.46 versus 1.91 for HT r3. So in a raid enviroment that lower average cast time will raise effective HPS of his build by quite a bit.

The big problem however is the mana inefficiency of his build is ridiculous and that makes it kinda hard too recommend. I find it hard too believe you could use regrowth on a long boss fight and not run into mana problems, not too mention the tank may take too much damage for regrowth too be effective. So for boss fights you lose 9 percent mana reduction. In my opinion if your having trouble on trash go for this build else the HT build is better.
rummi
Private
Private

by Hammersplat » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:51 am

rummi wrote: I find it hard too believe you could use regrowth on a long boss fight and not run into mana problems, not too mention the tank may take too much damage for regrowth too be effective.

He didn't say he used it when he was tank healing. I don't know why you guys get so defensive about anyone using any thing else but HT4. Not every druid heals the tank every fight, some are on raid healing etc.

I have crap gear still (3 greens etc) and i tried healing trash using rejuvs ( a slightly lower one and the high rank one for ppl taking constant damage. Not on the same target Lorilay :D) I did really well and also did really well on boss fights where there was some raid wide damage. I didn't run out of mana that a superior mana potion couldn't fix and I drank between pulls.

I'm having fun trying different things and my guild can't really complain because my healing is getting better.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrunkMonkk » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Can someone give me their opinion on when you should be moonglow spec vs regrowth/deep resto? I thought it would be best to go moonglow until I got 3piece t2 and then switch to regrowth/deep resto BC it seems to be able to pump out more healing per second (haven't done much research into this so your informed opinion is appreciated)
Going deeper into bwl should I expect to have significant mana issues during boss fights by switching to deep resto?
DrunkMonkk
Private
Private

by Lorilay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 pm

DrunkMonkk wrote:Can someone give me their opinion on when you should be moonglow spec vs regrowth/deep resto? I thought it would be best to go moonglow until I got 3piece t2 and then switch to regrowth/deep resto BC it seems to be able to pump out more healing per second (haven't done much research into this so your informed opinion is appreciated)
Going deeper into bwl should I expect to have significant mana issues during boss fights by switching to deep resto?

The advantage of moonglow is that you can cast more healing touch rank 4 in less time. When I tried it out recently I just bound HT4 to scroll wheel and pretty much went afk while tank healing continuously. Deep resto is a little more reactive and I prefer the free NS every 15 sec, but you need to track your hots and be a little more involved with cancelling casts to stay efficient. I survive BWL clears without going past my stack of 5 combat mana pots for the most part, so I wouldn't say it's particularly inefficient.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Losse » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:06 am

If you spec into this Regrowth build, wouldn't it be just better to get a priest instead of you? Because you are basically doing what a priest does, but less mana-efficient.
Losse
Tester

by Doofoos » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 am

Losse wrote:wouldn't it be just better to get a priest instead of you?

Well, maybe. Shall we replace all other damage dealing classes in raid with ones with better dps as well? :)
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Druid