Feral Druid + Weapons?

Feral Druid + Weapons?

by $weetjeff » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi! Im just gonna go straight to the point and ask these simple questions i've had in mind for a while.

Let's say I, as a feral druid in bear/cat form, have a so called "chance-on-hit weapon" (a weapon that has a chance on hit to inflict some kind of bonus attack) alright? right. Can this weapons chance-on-hit-attack procc while i'm in shapeshift form? or am i better off going for a weapon with raw stats? THIS QUESTION GOES FOR TRINKETS AS WELL!

What i've also been wondering is if feral druids melee damage or melee hit rating (considering weapon skill) is in any way affected by the equipped weapon and the druids weapon skill of that particular weapon? should i level my weapon skills to 300 just to gain some extra hit rating or is it a waste of time?

Thank you!
Sweetjeff, Undead Rogue on his way to level 60...
$weetjeff
Tester

Re: Feral Druid + Weapons?

by Taladril » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Weapon skill has no bearing on effectiveness when in cat or bear, so only up your weapon skill if you plan on swinging it in caster form.
As for chance on hit, most things do not proc. It's how the proc happens that you can guess. For example items like Felstriker or enchants like Crusader do not proc. It's because it's chance on hit, which is tied to the weapon itself doing the swinging. No weapon is swinging when you are in cat or bear. Now trinkets like Heart of Wyrmthalak or Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom do proc because you'll see in the description "Equip: chance to blah blah" so all you need for it to work is to have it on you. Chance for procs work with those types of things. They don't with chance to hit types of things.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Feral Druid + Weapons?

by Viorus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:16 pm

$weetjeff wrote:Hi! Im just gonna go straight to the point and ask these simple questions i've had in mind for a while.

Let's say I, as a feral druid in bear/cat form, have a so called "chance-on-hit weapon" (a weapon that has a chance on hit to inflict some kind of bonus attack) alright? right. Can this weapons chance-on-hit-attack procc while i'm in shapeshift form? or am i better off going for a weapon with raw stats? THIS QUESTION GOES FOR TRINKETS AS WELL!

What i've also been wondering is if feral druids melee damage or melee hit rating (considering weapon skill) is in any way affected by the equipped weapon and the druids weapon skill of that particular weapon? should i level my weapon skills to 300 just to gain some extra hit rating or is it a waste of time?

Thank you!

We really need a sticky regarding druids to answer these common questions. Any takers?
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid