Need tips and advice to become a better healer.

Need tips and advice to become a better healer.

by Summerpirate » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 am

Hello druids of Nostalrius, i am in a need of advice to improve my healing. Raided BWL some days ago and my overall effective healing on the raid was the worst of the 10 healers present at the time.

This made me sad because at the time i thought i did a better job than that, and i never slacked. My gear was a little bit worse than the other druids that was on the raid and the addons i used for healing was Clique and Grid. Healing touch (Rank 3) was the spell i used primary but Rank 4 and Revj was also used alot.

When i look at the raidstats for prominent guilds on the server like Dreamstate and Nope, its alot of the time one or two druids at top 3, even beating the paladins with their fast healing spells. How do they do it? How do they heal the raid faster than the paladin and avoid overhealing?

If anyone got any good advice to help me improve, i would really appricate it!
Summerpirate
Tester

Re: Need tips and advice to become a better healer.

by Hammersplat » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 am

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26008

I followed doofhoofs advice and improved my healing greatly. There also plenty of other good suggestions in that thread.

btw regrowth and rejuv don't count as overhealing on nost which is why the druids using these spells look so effective :)
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by euronmisc » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Spam more regrowth (downranked, or max on vael), rejuv, swiftmend and NS when available.

Bring some mana potions and runes.

Downranked HT is the most effective heal that druids have, meaning it heals the most for the least amount of mana. However, it is not optimal when you're trying to push as much healing in a short amount of time.

Just using HT will leave you behind in situations where there is a lot of healing required, fast. (All BWL trash, Razorgore ph2, Vael, Broodlord after blast waving, Firemaw, and Nef p1.

Ps: stack +healing, dont bother with mp5, play aggressively.

btw regrowth and rejuv don't count as overhealing on nost which is why the druids using these spells look so effective

Also this, and on a side note; healing meters are not everything and I wouldn't worry too much.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by jaredp » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:00 pm

If you're not ending every fight with close to zero mana, you're not doing all that you could.

Pick targets strategically. When a bunch of people drop in health, heal the second or third lowest HP player instead of the lowest, because all of the paladins will be targeting the lowest HPplayer and will beat you with their fast heals. Use rank 2,3,4, and 10 of healing touch, I use rank 7 as well.

Don't be afraid to blanket half of the raid in rejuv. Especially like fights like gollemagg, razorgore, shazzrah, etc. Use a full strength regrowth once in awhile.

Swiftmending a newly cast rejuv is better than having another healer take the heal and having the entire rejuv go to waste.

Overwrite other druids hots. Swiftmend other druids hots. Playing like a dick is also another way to make it to the top.

Use the right gear and spec for the right situations. If you have BWL on farm, there is no point to stacking MP5 and going moonglow spec when your fights last less than 2 minutes. Go swiftmend and stack + healing to blanket the raid in 400+ ticking rejuvs when necessary. You also get the ability able to spam 50% crit regrowths at 1.3 seconds on vael to get 1000hps, and have R2 healing touches that heal for 600. When you move on to hard content, where fights take longer, change back to moonglow and put on mp5 gear.
jaredp
Private
Private

by Aniva » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:29 pm

+healing +healing + healing! In veal I'm to Rocking 901 +healing. Another reason might be your spec. Go deep resto nothing in any other talent tree will help you heal. Make sure you are using swiftmend and know it will always take rejuv over regrowth. So I'll pop a rank 10 swiftmend pop rank 10 on a tank or any melee taking heavy damage. Use Luna not grid and get the other healers to use Luna. Can see incoming heals other Druid hots and buffs so you aren't wasting time healing someone that 4 others are already healing.

Mind you if you don't take the time to use mana potions runes mana oils and nightfin soup. You won't be on an equal playing ground with the healers that do.
60 Druid-Aniva
60 Warrior-Frogsauce
Aniva
Sergeant
Sergeant

by euronmisc » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:59 pm

know it will always take rejuv over regrowth.

Swiftmend will consume whichever HoT has the least amount of time left on the target. Usually, it will be rejuv though since it only lasts 12 seconds vs regrowth's 20.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:34 pm

euronmisc wrote:

Swiftmend will consume whichever HoT has the least amount of time left on the target. Usually, it will be rejuv though since it only lasts 12 seconds vs regrowth's 20.

You obviously haven't used Swiftmend on this server for long. It used to only consume Rejuvenation when both hots were active. Still, it is only comparing the time values as integers so the Regrowth has to be at least 1 whole second shorter in time than the Rejuvenation or else the server causes the Rejuvenation to be consumed i.e. if Rejuvenation and Regrowth show the same times, Swiftmend will consume Rejuvenation with a priority even if it was casted immediately after Regrowth entered its 11 second mark already. If anything, the priority should be to consume Regrowth if the times are the same integer values.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Maestrom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Several of the posters in the thread linked early in this thread advocate a 20 balance 31 resto split. I'm kind of a nub so maybe I'm just missing something, but how do those balance talents add anything to healing at all?
Maestrom
Private
Private

by Aniva » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 am

Stalk wrote:
euronmisc wrote:

You obviously haven't used Swiftmend on this server for long. It used to only consume Rejuvenation when both hots were active. Still, it is only comparing the time values as integers so the Regrowth has to be at least 1 whole second shorter in time than the Rejuvenation or else the server causes the Rejuvenation to be consumed i.e. if Rejuvenation and Regrowth show the same times, Swiftmend will consume Rejuvenation with a priority even if it was casted immediately after Regrowth entered its 11 second mark already. If anything, the priority should be to consume Regrowth if the times are the same integer values.

Thanks for copy and paste correction. But you obviously get off on correcting people.
60 Druid-Aniva
60 Warrior-Frogsauce
Aniva
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hammersplat » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:48 am

Maestrom wrote:Several of the posters in the thread linked early in this thread advocate a 20 balance 31 resto split. I'm kind of a nub so maybe I'm just missing something, but how do those balance talents add anything to healing at all?

the 20 points in balance gives you "Natures Grace." So when you crit, you then get a buff that lasts 14 seconds making all your spells casts .5 seconds shorter. This thing goes off all the time and is basically always up. This makes regrowth4 (and all regrowth) a 1.5 second cast (think about the full regrowth at vael :D fun fun).

HT4 is a 2.5 second cast for the same amount of heal for druids who don't have 20 points in balance.
Rejuv10 is the same heal amount but it has a global cooldown and other healers don't see it coming in, I think this is what pushed regrowth ahead for me. I think my rejuvs were being overwritten by other healers and at least now they can see my regrowth going up.

When i use regrowth rank4 even though it's twice as much mana as HT4 I usually don't run out. (But drink between every pull.) In boss fights i innevarte myself and use mana pots and if worse comes to worse you can HT4 on literally no mana anyway.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Druid